Kudos: 1

Lost management VLAN

Hello,

I've managed to accidentally change the management VLAN on a switch to an incorrect network. The switch is still functioning correctly, but obviously I can't manage it.

I don't have an RJ45-RS232 adaptor for the console port. What other options do I have?

Thanks

Kudos: 2189
Solutions: 637

Re: Lost management VLAN

Restore an backup from the controller?
Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 14

Even though the switch shows as disconnected, you can still change its settings in the controller back to the correct VLAN.  Then you just need to physically reset the switch, which will revert all ports and settings until it is able to contact the controller again.  The switch just needs to obtain an IP in the management VLAN or you need to SSH in and use the set-inform command.  Once the switch is readopted, it will be provisioned with the now corrected settings.

KuoH

olliecampbell wrote:

I've managed to accidentally change the management VLAN on a switch to an incorrect network. The switch is still functioning correctly, but obviously I can't manage it.

I don't have an RJ45-RS232 adaptor for the console port. What other options do I have?

Kudos: 1

Thanks everyone.

Strangely a reboot alone managed to resolve this.

Thanks for your help.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same problem but with my AP. Is there any way to solve this without reset the AP?

Many thanks,

Tania.

Highlighted

I did the same thing on some APs in tenant apartments in an apartment building. The building manager is reluctant to schedule me to get into the 3 apartments affected, so I'm looking for a way to do this from the Unifi software. Anyone have any brilliant ideas?