Management VLAN, tagged packets, and self-ip

I have two unifi 24 port switches. I'm trying to set up, and need the switches self-ip in the management vlan and have the same vlan on the switch for cameras, nvr, and APs.

As soon as I change the switch to the management range I lose it because the vlan is tagged across the trunk. If I send the vlan across the trunk untagged then the switch is fine but I can't send the tags from the unifi to the core because the tags are stripped off and the vlan essentially stays locally on the switch.
Kudos: 1

Re: Management VLAN, tagged packets, and self-ip

I've a similar problem... I hope someone can help here, thank you very much.

[ Edited ]

I figured it out. All enterprise switches have (or should have!!) a way of stripping off a tag to be a member of the vlan you choose. In the new version of the unif controller this option is missing. It's mentioned in a post below that this is the case. I'm out of the office but when I return I'll more than likely roll back to a previous verison.

here's the link to the post that helped me solve it.

What's your issue?

Here's where the option should be.

Capture.PNG

Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

i have a same problem today newly arrived unifi switch i cannot imagine why this switch belongs to layer 2 but no option of trunking, too hilarious why the maker produce this d*mn thing with no vlan option 

hello

in previous version there is an option of vlan trunking?

TB

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 398
Solutions: 82

Selecting user-defined network as switch MGMT VLAN is supported in new alpha/beta software.

Please stay tuned. Man Happy

Highlighted

thank you very very much please notify us when the final release i have 13 units newly arrived cant work without this option, pleaseeee