Mass Deployment of Switches

Hi,

We are working on a mass deployment os 8 Port Unifi Switches. We want these switches to all have the same port configuration. How can we push the same configuraiton to all devices easily?

Thanks,

Matthew.

Established Member
Kudos: 572
Solutions: 73

Re: Mass Deployment of Switches

Hi,

When you connect the switches to the network. You can set one up with way you want and copy the configuration in the AP-> Config-> Manage Device.
You can search for the one you configured after plugging other switches in and just copy the config. Might be the fastest. At least it is for me.

Unfortunately that's not a solution for mass deployment. Let's say you have a 100 switches which you want them all the same. That's not doable that way. 

Established Member
Kudos: 572
Solutions: 73

I don't think its doable at all, with what you are wanting to do then. But I will keep watching this thread to see if anyone does know a way.
I think its just going to take you some time to do the configuring, but I hope i'm wrong. Maybe someone can create a script for you to run when the switches are connected??
Established Member
Kudos: 317
Solutions: 48

@mciantar wrote:

Unfortunately that's not a solution for mass deployment.

You want both .... CLI and controller in the same time?

@mciantar wrote:

Let's say you have a 100 switches which you want them all the same. That's not doable that way. 

Do you consider SSH as viable alternative?

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....

Highlighted
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1358
Solutions: 236

@mciantar wrote:

Hi,

We are working on a mass deployment os 8 Port Unifi Switches. We want these switches to all have the same port configuration. How can we push the same configuraiton to all devices easily?

Thanks,

Matthew.

For such use cases you can best use the UniFi controller API.

The PHP API client class which I maintain has some useful examples available which show how to push configs to devices including one for a complete multi-site provisioning scenario:

https://github.com/Art-of-WiFi/UniFi-API-client/tree/d7827fdbf18e454f876bba514a6175a32160d669/exampl...

https://github.com/Art-of-WiFi/UniFi-API-client/tree/d7827fdbf18e454f876bba514a6175a32160d669/exampl...

See my signtaure for further links.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.