Network Segmentation

[ Edited ]

Hello

My goal is to have 20 of my 48 port switch setup so the the other ports cannot be reached. I have created two seperate network. XXX and XXXX with IP's of 10.11.63.254/18 and 192.168.0.1/24. I have tried every combination of VLAN's etc... but for some reason when a PC is on the 192 network it can still access the 10.11 network. Please someone help me. If this were a Cisco CLI I would of nailed it in minutes but this GUI Unifi stuff is very new to me. Thanks in advance! Man Happy

Also I would like for some ports to have dual access. Meaning have access to both networks.

Established Member
Kudos: 533
Solutions: 45

Re: Network Segmentation

@sgarvie wrote:

Hello

My goal is to have 20 of my 48 port switch setup so the the other ports cannot be reached. I have created two seperate network. XXX and XXXX with IP's of 10.11.63.254/18 and 192.168.0.1/24. I have tried every combination of VLAN's etc... but for some reason when a PC is on the 192 network it can still access the 10.11 network. Please someone help me. If this were a Cisco CLI I would of nailed it in minutes but this GUI Unifi stuff is very new to me. Thanks in advance! Man Happy

Also I would like for some ports to have dual access. Meaning have access to both networks.

This doesn't sound like an issue with the switch config. Check your router and make sure you are blocking traffic between the two vlans.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Re: Network Segmentation

Thanks for the quick response. However I dont have much configuration options in my Router config. 

Config Menu - Change Alias of Router

Wan Menu - DNS 

Port Forward Menu - Not Needed.

DynDNS

Forget this Gateway.