Newbie seeking help

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Ubuiquiti equipment and recently bought a USG 4 pro, USW-24P-250 and a UAP-HD.

I finally got everything adopted and up and running, with my desired DHCP-range etc. I replaced a Asus router and AP, and would like to keep the existing subnet and static lease for my clients.

The problem seems to be the USG 4 pro, because I'm seeing unstable internet connection. Every 40-120sec I loose internet connection, and after a few seconds it back up again.

I'm not loosing SSID or connection to my AP.

I switched back to my Asus router (replacing the USG) and everything works just fine Man Frustrated

Could someone give me some pointers?

Best regards

Chris

Veteran Member
Kudos: 830
Solutions: 294

Re: Newbie seeking help

What kind of internet? Bandwidth? Post config

Hi,

I have a fiber modem from my ISP, currently 250/250mbit/s bandwith.

And forgot to mention that I'm also running the cloud key, IP 10.0.0.6...

networks.jpg

network config.jpg
system config.jpg
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 366
Solutions: 121

internet hiccups every 40-120 seconds sounds like a physical type issue with signal loss. You can troubleshoot this by running multiple ping tests.

First I would start a continous ping from a *wired* client on your LAN to your USG's LAN address.
Next I would do the same from a *wired* client on your LAN to an internet-reachable address, something like 8.8.8.8.

Have those two pings running simultaneously and see which one, or if both, experience packet loss. 

If the packet loss is WAN side, check swapping cables out from the USG to the ISP gear. You can also rule out the WAN interface by port-remapping the USG and using WAN2 as WAN1, instructions for that here:
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008365334

Brandon Jaffe | UniFi Routing & Switching | Austin, TX