PRO4 backorder expectations?

I ordered a Pro4 from 123security a month ago. I was informed 3 weeks ago that they were backordered and were expected to ship around November 1. After inquiring again, I received another email from them that they were backorderd again with no set receivable date.

So I went to the UBNT store and see that they are available, but at an elevated price. I assume this is because of component shortages, demand, etc.

So what do I do, bite the bullet, cancel my original order and order from UBNT? Or wait until God knows when 123Security will get product?

In my searching, it seems that stock issues is a common occurence. I'm worried that if I cancel my original order that I will get the same backorder issue with the UBNT store, AND I will have bought at a higher price.

Highlighted
Kudos: 99
Solutions: 17

Re: PRO4 backorder expectations?

@jfdlew wrote:

I ordered a Pro4 from 123security a month ago. I was informed 3 weeks ago that they were backordered and were expected to ship around November 1. After inquiring again, I received another email from them that they were backorderd again with no set receivable date.

So I went to the UBNT store and see that they are available, but at an elevated price. I assume this is because of component shortages, demand, etc.

So what do I do, bite the bullet, cancel my original order and order from UBNT? Or wait until God knows when 123Security will get product?

In my searching, it seems that stock issues is a common occurence. I'm worried that if I cancel my original order that I will get the same backorder issue with the UBNT store, AND I will have bought at a higher price.

Cancel your order today. Order from UBNT directly or from one of their authorized distributors.

https://www.ubnt.com/distributors/

--

Klint

Primary Innovator at Sprocket Technology
UEWA | Contributor to Easy UBNTUFW Lockdown, Companion API | Host on Vultr