Highlighted

Performance Issue with Unifi Switch 24 POE + Unifi Switch 8 + AC Pro

I have the following set up (with everything running latest controller + firmware):

* USG 4 Pro connected to the internet

* Unifi Switch 24 POE uplinked to the USG 4 Pro

* Unifi Switch 8 uplinked (and powered via POE) to the Unifi Switch 24 POE

* AC Pro uplinked (and powered via POE) to the Unifi Switch 8

Connecting via WiFi to the AC Pro or via ethernet to the Unifi Switch 8 I get 300 Mbps, however, if I connect direct via ethernet to the Unifi Switch 24 POE I get 600 Mbps.

Any suggestions on how I can get the performance via the Unifi Switch 8 closer to the 600 Mbps? 

Kudos: 1369
Solutions: 411

Re: Performance Issue with Unifi Switch 24 POE + Unifi Switch 8 + AC Pro

Hello,

How much data is going over the line between the switches when running the tests?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

Not sure the volume, I'm just running speedtest.net (the desktop app not the web app) so it's measured over a 15 second window.

Kudos: 1369
Solutions: 411

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can’t think of anything else right now then data moving over the line being the bottleneck.

Hmm... what speeds are you seeing when you disconnect the UAP? Also try to disconnect any other device on that second switch just for giggles..

Are all devices running the latest 3.9.40 firmware?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Professional Services | Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation Scripts | UniFi Easy Update Script | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK