Problems with my USG hanging

Hi,

I have some trouble with my USG 3p. For the last year it has worked without any trouble but in the last month it has crashed 4 times.

Two of the crashes occured when we had power outage in the whole apartement building.

When the USG has crashed it stops giving out dhcp addresses when I connect to the LAN1 port, and all connected client to the network stops receiving traffic. WiFi client doesnt get any ip-addresses either. Reboot by pulling the power from the router does not help and the only way I can get it back online is to reset the device and adopt and reprovision it. After provision everything is back to normal again.

The other two crashes occured randomly without power outage but a reboot by pulling the power from the router made it functional again, other symptoms with no dhcp and traffic was the same as when power outage.

What could this be?  Failed hardware? Anything I could do?

USG firmware is version 4.4.29.5124210.

Re: Problems with my USG hanging

Hi,

i think i have the same issue. dhcp stops working, no traffic to the internet, vpn connection failed, wifi stops working ..
This happend 3 times in the last 6-8 weeks.

Firmware: 4.4.29.5124210 USG 3P

i have to restart (power off/on) the usg to get things working again. Just for testing i loaded default settings and adopted the usg again.

Cheers,
Jörg
Established Member
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 47

[ Edited ]

Go to Statistics, USG, and see if the memory usage graph slowly gets higher and higher. I think the memory leak is fixed in .29, but you are both seeing the same thing I had on .22 with the memory leak.

@bambambule- if your wifi stops working, you must have Enable Connection Monitor turned on. It will turn off wifi if it is determined the internet isn't reachable.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, i will have a look at the memory usage.
Yes, the connection monitor is enabled.. so wifi is not an issue.

Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 47

What I'm saying is that if you'll disable that, it will not kill your wifi when the internet connection drops.

Only do this if you aren't doing any wireless uplinks.