Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Simple (I hope) Hotspot

Hi from Italy :-)

I'm looking to build an Hotspot with a simple access policy (just wifi password) with 8/10 UAP.

For italian law request I nedd to storage/export wifi clinet log (mac/ip/log-in date and duration) so I'm asking you if Controller does this or I need an extra device like router (I prefer Ubiquiti too, not Mikrotik board Smiley Very Happy )

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simple (I hope) Hotspot

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 5854
Solutions: 385

[ Edited ]
I'm pretty sure the controller gathers that information. It does not give you a way to archive it automatically out of the box but I'm sure it could be easily scripted. You could also redirect the controllers logging to a syslog server and then do whatever reporting you need from there. And depending on how good you want the logging to really be Man Happy a separate box doing logging is definitely the way to go. I'm bouncing between Security Onion and Greylog myself. Both Security Onion and Greylog have vmware based appliances that are wonderful - those are what I'm playing with and will probably use once I decide.
When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

Many thanks EricE :-)

Maybe for me is better to use a captive portal/firewall/radius server like Zeroshell or PfSense that have log system?

Do you know if they work well with Unifi?

SuperUser
Kudos: 5854
Solutions: 385

@dixer wrote:

Many thanks EricE :-)

Maybe for me is better to use a captive portal/firewall/radius server like Zeroshell or PfSense that have log system?

Do you know if they work well with Unifi?

There are many that use pfSense with Unifi for the portal instead of the Unifi Controller - there used to be several threads.  If you search the forums here for pfSense and Portal you should find them easily enought (might be easier to search through Google using the site:community.ubnt.com to restrict the search to the forums here).  

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

Thanks again Smiley Happy