Small Network at work

Hello community, 

I am in need of some assistance, i have two issues that i want to sort out as quickly as possible. 

First, I have a question on which i should  use in this application, either the cloud key or the application server, i plan on having a USG and a 48 port switch and 4 AP's. We are sort of future proofing with the switch for when we upgrade our wifi later. i need to know if i can use a cloud key instead of using the application server. 

Secondly is that currently we have a meraki setup that is sort of in a ring config with one of our switches that is a dead ended because we did not have the fiber run for both. I was curious if i can SFP from one of the switches and Dead end this new network onto this network, but still have access to the servers that lie on meraki? 

If i sucked at explaining please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 72
Solutions: 43

Re: Small Network at work

First off welcome to the community. 

Secondly I have a couple questions regarding your client base. 

1. How many clients/hosts will be on the network? Client statistics are starting to build up and a lot of times end up taking quite a bit space. If you want historical client metrics the cloud key probably wont be suitable. 
  2. Are you asking about interoperability between the unifi switches and the meraki switches? If so then it will all work together just fine as long as you have the same VLANs on each network config. 

This network that we would be building is only meant for our production floor, so it would not have more than 20 clients at a time. I was not worried about historical client metrics as we are going to restrict what they can do with it. 

I was asking if i plug in a sfp into the switch and then from a meraki switch if i can still access the network as we intend as our ERP will be running on the servers that will be attached to the meraki setup. 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 72
Solutions: 43

You will be fine on both fronts. The CK will be able to handle that just fine.