Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Two USG sites connected PTP setup

[ Edited ]

Network Diagram.png

I have home and office connected via NanoBeams.

In the past I used this setup without having the USG and WAN at home, so I just used the WAN from the office.

I've now split it so both sites have their own WAN, thus both sites are basically the same setup.

I'm now trying to connect the two sites via the LAN2 ports on both USG's, with the aim that I can still access office computers from home and visa versa.

Can someone help explain to me how to configure this? I've tried everything I've come across and I simply can't get it to work...

(I know there's the options of site-to-site VPN but I'd prefer PTP)

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 358
Solutions: 119

Re: Two USG sites connected PTP setup

I don't see why this couldn't work, It would require a config.gateway.json (to disable NAT on LAN2 ), but the general idea here is to put the nanobeams in bridge mode, then create the same LAN2 subnet on both USGs (ex USG1 is 10.0.8.1, USG2 is 10.0.8.2). From there you'll just add static routes in the controller GUI, on the left side in the diagram, the static route will be:
destination network: 192.168.1.0/24
next hop IP: 10.0.8.2

right side:
destination network: 192.168.10.0/24
next hop IP: 10.0.8.1

Brandon Jaffe | UniFi Routing & Switching | Austin, TX

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 358
Solutions: 119

I don't see why this couldn't work, It would require a config.gateway.json (to disable NAT on LAN2 ), but the general idea here is to put the nanobeams in bridge mode, then create the same LAN2 subnet on both USGs (ex USG1 is 10.0.8.1, USG2 is 10.0.8.2). From there you'll just add static routes in the controller GUI, on the left side in the diagram, the static route will be:
destination network: 192.168.1.0/24
next hop IP: 10.0.8.2

right side:
destination network: 192.168.10.0/24
next hop IP: 10.0.8.1

Brandon Jaffe | UniFi Routing & Switching | Austin, TX
Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

Awesome, thanks!

Seems like I got it working, will monitor and see if it's all behaving as it should.

Thanks again!