Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Accepted Solution

UBIQUITI Unifi Managed Gigabit Switch 48 No Poe US-48

Hi all

1st time i have bought one of these switches ... so i am in learning mode and need some help please.

Brand new US-48 in an office we just cabled. The plan is that in port #1 of the switch I will plug in my Mikrotik router wihich provides DHCP DNS etc for the LAN.

I have a unifi server that I host in the cloud ..... is there anything specific i need to do to enable me to get the switch up on the network and get it adopted by my remote controller, is there a DHCP client on port 1 or is there a static IP i need to SSH to so that i can get the switch to be visible (passing traffic) to my local LAN users ?

Or is it plug and play / pray ?

Thanks

Nik

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 15

Re: UBIQUITI Unifi Managed Gigabit Switch 48 No Poe US-48

[ Edited ]

The UniFi switch will recieve an IP address from the DHCP server.  Use one of the layer-3 methods of adoption See instructions here

Edit - I personally prefer the SSH method. 

If you can SSH into the device, it's possible to do L3-adoption via CLI command:

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

The UniFi switch will recieve an IP address from the DHCP server.  Use one of the layer-3 methods of adoption See instructions here

Edit - I personally prefer the SSH method. 

If you can SSH into the device, it's possible to do L3-adoption via CLI command:

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply, all makes sense ... its pretty much the same as with an AP and i can do that ! Man Happy

Will the switch get an IP from the DHCP server irrelevant of the port the router is connected to or do i need to be using a specific port for that link ?

Nik

Which UniFi Switch Port is connected to Router/DHCP server does not matter.  Just make sure the port selected is configured to pass traffic from all VLANs.  This is done in the controller by setting the switch port profile to All.