Highlighted

USG 3P DHCP Issues

Greetings

Any help would be appreciated ... USG has stopped issueing ip's to my lan ...

I have a setup that consists of:

USG: 4.4.28.5118795

US-8: 3.9.42.9152
CloudKey: UCK.mtk7623.v0.11.12.650c948.180907.1648 / 5.8.30-11076-1

WISP CPE -> USG 3P -> US-8/CK (have three of these connected) - Also 2 Mikrotic routers to handle wifi (vpn's to remote server)
LAN: 192.168.99.1/24

This setup has been running for a few months now. With no config changes, one by one all my devices have not been re-issued IP adresses once the lease is up and I have had to insert static ip configs to get them back online ... Devices range from apple/android/pc/mac, so nothing has been imune to this ...

Looking through the forums the first thing mentioned was rogue DHCP server, which could only be from the Mikrotik side, which I ruled out (They relay the USG, and dont respond to DHCP requests)... Also used the tools reccomended to confirm who all were answering DHCP requests and only the USG responds. I also enabled DHCP guarding, which did not change the behavior.

I have a feeling that re-installing the cloud key may fix the issue, however, if the underlying cause is not found, it will return, so would rather look for that cause and fix the issue from the start ...

I have exhausted the forums thus far with everything suggested (Many are older posts 6+ months ago) so there is perchance new info out there that I dont know about yet ??

Thanks !!!

Established Member
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 47

Re: USG 3P DHCP Issues

Does rebooting the USG fix the problem?

Look under Statistics, Performance, how does the blue Memory line look for the USG?

[ Edited ]

Correction. Rebooting does not fix the problem, includes a USG firmware update since the issue manifested ...

Heres my performance graph from 26 June when this new setup went online till today. Put the cursor on the peak at 25.96%
usg-all-usage.jpg

Kudos: 46
Solutions: 16

[ Edited ]

well i have also issues with DHCP

My switch went to an other VLAN and then it stays online  and i had ot on fixed IP but then its going offline until i do a reset with a reset button to get it back online

Its now working without static ip but its now having ip out of a VLAN and my devices are then getting an ip from the default network VLAN

i will post some pics

devices.png

stats.PNG

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam
Established Member

@PsychoticNLbe sure you post your firmware version, as some are having memory leak issues that kill DHCP.

@RobbieH wrote:

@PsychoticNLbe sure you post your firmware version, as some are having memory leak issues that kill DHCP.

it is posted see the picture

gonna fight now with my looping IPTV   its playing a sec then loop like sh*t

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@PsychoticNL wrote:

Sorry, that pic must have gotten posted while I was typing my response. Your memory usage looks ok, .28 seems to be OK.

@RobbieH wrote:

@PsychoticNL wrote:

Sorry, that pic must have gotten posted while I was typing my response. Your memory usage looks ok, .28 seems to be OK.

But my switch is taking its own way and dont get the 10.10.10.X IP    and if i leave it on auto its going with ips from an other Vlan but passes 10.10.10.XXX to any port   i will try to down grade the USG so i am a while offline ( Slow stuff )