Re: USG Dashboard shows orange latency and Throughput

Hi Markus

Yes, that solves the cosmetic problem, but here is another that is related to the above:

If you declare a custom echo server, go to CLI via SSH to the USG and do a "show load-balance watchdog" and it will always show the USG pinging "ping.ubnt.com" no matter what you put in there, so there is another one from our friends at UBNT.

Cheers

Hi ricardowec,

Yes I know, it is necessary to configure it via ssh if you login to your router:

configure

set load-balance group wan_failover interface eth0 route-test type ping target IP

set load-balance group wan_failover interface eth2 route-test type ping target IP

commit

exit

Regards

Markus

Kudos: 8
Solutions: 5

@cneeson wrote:

My issue was a DNS issue.   If the USG can't get to the DNS (or the DNS is wrong), the Latency/Speed turns yellow.  This is even if the case is that the secondary DNS (if configured) is reachable.

With your primary service going down, this may well be your issue.  Change the system DNS to one that is reachable and see what happens.

I would like to add that after having a USG in place for 42 days I got a call from the client to say they had no internet.

I was there till very late last night trying to figure out where the DNS issue lied. Luckily this morning I found this thread and after browsing to the USG I found not only did it not have the DNS details present, the static IP details were missing too.

The embarrasment is after I struggled to get the USG sold in place of the ISP router I have had to put the system back under the control of the ISP router untill I can now get back with a "fixed" USG.

Same issue diffrent results. I had to go in to the gateway. it was saying that there was no internet, and was not picking up the DHCP from the router. (I did have internet, just not on the wifi (all going via Gateway)) I had to put the IP in and then at first is was blue and unknow and went back to DHCP, I put it in again the green and all was happy today.