Re: USG Firewall Issue - USG ports open, custom ports closed...

Thanks for your help and your patience.  I feel a little better knowing the cause.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 15873
Solutions: 606
Contributions: 20

@AndyC wrote:

@UBNT-MikeD - bug in port forwarding code, controller 4.5.2, when description contains an apostrophe?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Andrew. I'm about to head out for the evenings festivities, but I did a quick test. It seems like it's gotten worse on a later build of the controller (which is what I'm using). I made a quick test, and my description was "andy's bug" Man Happy

In my testing, I noticed that it doesn't provision the USG with the rule, and it puts it into a provisioning loop (provision, offline, provision, offline, etc.). I need to investigate this further to determine where the bug lies (controller, firmware or both). Have a note set to test this and open a ticket to resolve the issue. I'll post an update here when I check trac, open the bug, etc.

Anyhow, thanks again. I'm off for the evening. Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,

Mike

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1341
Solutions: 351

Awesome - thanks Mike, though I can't claim credit for finding the bug, it was @bluechip who worked it out.

Have a great evening!

Cheers,

Andrew

Ubiquiti Employee

@AndyC wrote:

Awesome - thanks Mike, though I can't claim credit for finding the bug, it was @bluechip who worked it out.

You're welcome! Ticket was opened and is already assigned. We will get this resolved. Will report back when I have more info.

Cheers,

Mike

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@swoop19 wrote:

That is absolutely the problem.  I added it back in and it got stuck provisioning.  

The description field bug has been resolved and we will see this fix in an upcoming release. Not sure exactly which one, although I would guess the upcoming 4.6.0.

Oh, on a random side note, I see there was mention of USG responding to pings on WAN. Add config.firewall.internet.local.icmp=false to config.properties. I've updated the KB article to reflect this.. 

Cheers,

Mike

SuperUser
Kudos: 5137
Solutions: 1458

Kudos: 1

Any update about this issue? I'm running the Unifi software on Ubuntu 12.04, software is working great with just this one small error...

I'm facing exactly the same problems as descriped from the original post, I've opened 6 ports on my new USG, everything is working internally on my network, but from the external ip nothing works.

I've tried deleting my forward ports and starting from scatch as descripted in an earlier post. Sadly it doesn't do the trick for me.

Are there any other options other then waiting on an update on 4.6.0 as Mike indicated

Solutions: 1

I currently have the same problem with port forwarding and really need to have this sorted. 

some help please.....

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@smartwirehomes wrote:

I currently have the same problem with port forwarding and really need to have this sorted. 

some help please.....

This was fixed in 4.6.3. The current release as of this time is 4.6.6, see HERE.

Cheers,

Mike

Solutions: 1

I am on version 4.6.6
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@smartwirehomes wrote:
I am on version 4.6.6

Then I would suspect that your issue is different, so can you please open a new thread? Please make sure to mention controller and USG firmware version and steps to reproduce the issue in your thread so it can be properly looked at. 

This issue is related to apostrophe, or other special characters, causing an issue with a port forward rule. If you check 4.6.3 changelog:

CTRL - Fixed special characters in port forwarding description causes USG to go into provisioning loop reported by forum.

I haven't seen any reports of regression in regards to this. I know it was still working up to 4.6.5, I haven't had my USG hooked up (permanently) since 4.6.6 final though (but I was using the USG firmware from that release). I can hook it up for testing purposes though..

Best regards,

Mike