Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5367
Solutions: 344

Re: [USG] Firmware v4.4.29 now available

@VWT-Dan wrote:

@trobbelke wrote:

@UBNT-cmb wrote:

... The most common reason I've seen recently on Linux is having Docker installed and it using the docker0 interface IP, which can't be reached on the network. If that's not the right IP, you'll need to go to Settings, Controller, fill in the correct IP or hostname under "Controller Hostname/IP", check the "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" box, and Apply Changes. Then in a couple minutes the in-progress attempt will time out and it'll adopt with the correct IP and succeed. 

I'm about to install Docker (for UNMS) on my Unifi controller, is that a bad idea?

I run UNMS and UniFi on the same VM, no problems.

Yeah that's fine. Just make sure on any multi-homed controller (including virtual interfaces like docker0) to set the controller hostname/IP box accordingly and check the override inform host box. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5367
Solutions: 344

@Floppsi wrote:

Dear all,

I have an USG 3 and the controller 5.8.30 on a FreeNAS VM with Debian.

IDS on. Speed test not active.

I am using Unifi products since last December, so not really experinced.

I was runnung my USG with 4.4.22 for a very long time, without any problem.

But since 4.4.28 and 4.4.29 I do get disconnects - since .28 and .29. SInce that 7 or 8.

If the disconnect occures, the blue light is on at the USG, but no reaction for ssh or 192.168.1.1.

The only thing I can do is to diconenct the power ans restart the USG. At least I have no other idea what to do.

Twice the disconnect did happen after a long download of more than 5-6GB.

Any suggestion? Flashing back to 4.4.22? or flashing once more 4.4.29.

Can I provide any logs from the UGS and if where can I find them?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks.

Are you running IDS or IPS? There seems to be a problem with it and USG3 for a few people, where it's exhibiting that symptom. I don't think it's specific to this version as the reports pre-date it, but it does seem like a recent-ish problem. 

Just reporting that two 4.4.22 > 4.4.49 upgrades succeeded where the upgrade to 4.4.48 resulting in both functioning but becoming disconnected from the controller. Had to manually intervene because of 4.4.48.

All good on 4.4.49 so far.

Kudos: 4

Using controller 5.8.30, updated again to the latest firmware after the debacle of 4.4.28 and unfortunately I've just had my first disconnect/crash of the USG3.  No response at all, hard to unplug the power to reset it.  Was running for a few days and gone, very similar effect to 4.4.28.  For reference I do have IDS/IPS turned on, but speed test is on manual runs.

Going to downgrade to 4.4.22 again as that is stable.

@UBNT-cmb I am using IDS not iPS. 

After the last reset I did turn off IDS. I will see, if the USG is stable now. 

Is there anything I can try or could do?

Thanks. 

[ Edited ]

I can confirm this, after disabling IPS/IDS everything is fine.

EDIT:

correction: everything is fine in LAN but Wifi has no network connection

EDIT-2:

Wasn't true either. Everything was working except for IPv6 Prefix delegation (my Wifi is IPv6 only).

Switched back to 4.2.28 now and everything is working again.

IDS/IPS disbled, speedtest disabled. USG disconnected since yesterday. Controller 5.8.30 USG 4.4.29

So... we shouldn't update the USG firmware until the problems are resolved in the next version... ?

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would post for the first time about this. I recently purchased a USG Pro 4 (20/09/18) and upgraded to this new 4.4.29 firmware.

The upgrade was succesful and the USG has been rock solid stable since the day i switched it on. 

I have IPS and DPI both enabled and working along with a permanent VPN connection into my Azure cloud tennant. All are working just fine.

The USG did dtate on the box on a Ubiqiquiti sticker the words USG pro 4 NEW

I am making assumptions but i think Ubiquiti may have updated the hardware in the USG pro 4 (based on the word NEW) and this might be why I am seeing no issues with my USG but this is just an assumption.

Kudos: 1

Just discovered - and advised Support - 4.4.29 on USG Pro does not show when VPN users are connected. Neither on main display page nor Insights. Man Sad

Also - why the hell are there no VPN events that we can configure??? Bizarre. 

Kudos: 18

It has always taken several minutes for the VPN indicator and Insights to show connected clients.
1 cloudkey, 2 networks:
1) USG Pro, 1 x Unifi 16-port PoE, 2 x AC Pro, 1 x AP Pro
2) USG, Unifi 8-port PoE, 1 x AC Lite
Kudos: 4

My USG upgraded fine but after about 3-4 days suddenly my internet is down and the USG is disconnected. I’v reverted to 4.4.18

Using controller 5.8.30, USG Pro upgrade, and online for 4 days solid so far.... DPI, and IPS enabled. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 2

I have just rolled back the USG to 4.4.28, after I experienced numerous PPPoE drops on 4.4.29 - My ISP said there was no issue on the line and after replacing the Filtered Master socket and trying out the Fritz Box they supplied connected straight to the USW-8-150W and had no drops for 24 hours. I then ran PPPoE directly to my Draytek Modem from my Desktop and again no issues, admittidly I didn't test it for more than a few hours, only having one device connected tot hte internet wasn't ideal! Nonod

Connected the USG (4.4.29) back to the Draytek 130 and had over 10 drops within 24 hours. Half way through I disabled IPS (left DPI on) and still no improvement - each disconnect was 2-3 minutes. So rolled back the USG to 4.4.28 which I had previously had no issue with, WAN uptime of 22hrs and counting - With no disconnects recorded on Network Logger either. 

Bit surprised that Ubnt has pushed 4.4.29 as quickly as it has to the Servers and Downloads on their website, it's not as stable as some of tis previous releases.

Controller: 5.9.29 on CK - 11.12

USW: 3.9.53

AC HD & AC-LR on 3.9.54

[ Edited ]

4.4.29 installed on USG-Pro.  No problems at all.  IPS, DPI, and VPN running great for days now.

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded from 4.4.18 to 4.4.29 on CK 5.8.30

Issues I had:

- under setting > Cloud Access > Cloud Access Status stuck on Connecting

- Auto Backup does't work 

I've did several restores.  Ended reseting the CK and restore seem to work

[ Edited ]

I've also experienced disconnects after upgrading the USG to .28 and .29. Controller on 5.8.30. Have been stable for as long as I can remember before this.

In my case the USG shows up disconnected in the controller AND that there's no internet connection.

After power cycling the USG things start working.

IDS has been enabled, trying to disable it for now to see if that makes any difference.

We have 2 sites and both are running 4.4.29 on controller 5.8.30 for about a week with no issues (DPI and IPS enabled, speed test working properly) so far.

One site did have a problem with 4.4.28 which was downgraded back to 4.4.22. The other site had upgraded to 4.4.28 with no issues. 

Updated controller to 5.8.30 and then USG-3P to 4.4.29, disconnected 12hrs 2min later.

Had the same issue under 4.4.28, I downgraded to 4.4.22 at that time. Not using speed test.  Do have IPS enabled.

No serial console messages, but after disconnect serial console was very laggy, drawing only 1 character every few seconds.

I just set up Syslog to see if that would show anything next time it happens.  Anything to look out for there?

USG-PRO acting up since upgrade to 4.4.29.  Memory and CPU use as reported are spiking and I'm hearing from the client site that guests are having connection issues.    Controller is remote, upgraded to 5.8.30, just rebooted the USG-PRO.  Post reboot Memory is back under 10%, while CPU is bouncing around between 30 & 60%.  Site is 31 APs and 3 switches, figure 120 wifi clients (hotel guests).

Would love to see an Alert in the Unifi software when either stat hits 80%.

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 10.23.21 AM.png