Emerging Member
Kudos: 178
Solutions: 5

Re: [USG] Firmware v4.4.34 now available

@JJackson524 wrote:

HelloEveryone,

Im just wondering why after the upgrade why is my cloudkey telling me to downgrade my USG Pro 4 is there a new update to fix this on the cloud key??

This often happens when new firmware is released after a controller. It seems to take them a bit of time to update the list of "automatic" firmware upgrades available. Aside from the annoying popup that occurs when you login to the controller you can safely ignore this and continue running the latest firmware.

Kudos: 42
Solutions: 4

After upgrading, I saw the option for DHCPv6 DNS server which I had configured as Manual with no settings, as I have a manual json file set to disable IPv6 DNS servers so my OpenDNS filtering works properly.

I tried putting in the OpenDNS IPv6 addresses and saving and then I noticed about half of my websites stopped loading and I failed all IPv6 tests. Removed the IPv6 DNS entries and then it was back.

Not sure if this is new to this firmware or was already an issue before.

[ Edited ]

@RolandDeschain wrote:

@JJackson524 wrote:

HelloEveryone,

Im just wondering why after the upgrade why is my cloudkey telling me to downgrade my USG Pro 4 is there a new update to fix this on the cloud key??

This often happens when new firmware is released after a controller. It seems to take them a bit of time to update the list of "automatic" firmware upgrades available. Aside from the annoying popup that occurs when you login to the controller you can safely ignore this and continue running the latest firmware.

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Kudos: 12

Upgraded successfully. RAM usage is down from 49 to 29 %. CPU usage is down from 23 to 12 % in comparable parts of the day.

thx

Kudos: 33

@UBNT-cmb wrote:

@sebehk wrote:

I’m not seeing the firmware update in the UniFi SDN Controller for my USG-3P. I refreshed several times under the Devices section and clicked on the button “Check Firmware Updates” in the Settings > Maintenance > Device Firmware Update.

There is always a delay between posting and it appearing in the controller. More so this time than usual, but it'll show up later today (plus up to 24 hours unless you do the manual firmware check). When things are first posted, you can use the custom upgrade. 

On my controller, 4.4.29 is still listed (as of 2018-12-07) as latest available firmware, even after "Check Firmware Updates". Is this expected or does it point towards a problem with my controller?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5334
Solutions: 344

@wavesound wrote:

The load balancing feature bug I encountered before in this version seem to have been fixed. However, it seems like a new one has been introduced.

When WAN1 fails over to WAN2 and WAN1 comes back up, the route forwarding table showed the default route to WAN1 and the load-balance status shows WAN1 as active, but, traffic is to the Internet is being forwarded over WAN2 by the USG. This is worse behavior than the previous release and I would not recommend upgrading to this version if you have a primary/failover multi-wan configuration. @UBNT-cmb, I would be happy to provide logs/details privately if it would help.

Definitely want to see details from your system. We've really beaten this up in testing and haven't seen problems. Sending PM momentarily. Thanks for the report. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@JJackson524 wrote:

HelloEveryone,

Just means you're on a newer version than your controller version has. That's expected for the moment and can be disregarded. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@mbedv wrote:

4.4.34 Portforwarding with Dualwan not working...downgrade to 29 and all is ok!

It's working in general with dual WAN. Sending you a PM to get some specifics on your setup. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@lucgas wrote:

Upgraded successfully. RAM usage is down from 49 to 29 %. CPU usage is down from 23 to 12 % in comparable parts of the day.

thx

If you have IDS/IPS enabled, that probably explains why. We identified a problem in utmdaemon this week with alert handling where its CPU and memory usage will increase over time if there are alerts. The CPU part is fixed for next release, memory part is being worked on right now. 

Kudos: 1

@UBNT-cmb Any reason why this hasn’t appeared in the controller for update yet?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10

Actually 4.4.36 is also available. Not pushed though. I upgraded to that and so far so good.

@rizahnst wrote:

upgraded this morning from 4.4.22 to 4.4.34... looks OK (lets see for how long)...

it is looks OK on my system: USG 3p (uptime 4d 3h and very low cpu load) with load balance failover dual WAN, UCK 0.12.0 with controller 5.6.40 (no ids ips dpi). 

Established Member
Kudos: 615
Solutions: 19

[ Edited ]

Did anyone update their USG Pro 4 to .34 (from .22)? In Alpha/beta, a manual reboot was needed in order to update the bootloader. Is this still required?

I have had too many issues with remote sites losing connectivity to unifi.ubnt.com over the years. Really wish Ubnt would implement an auto-failback feature like on other product lines.  

Kudos: 33

Thanks. This answers my earlier question. I am not the only one ;-)

Still no sign of this firmware in the repo?

Kudos: 114
Solutions: 12

@pcfarrar Available for me on multiple controllers. Have you forced your controller to recheck against the repos?

Yes it shows as available for the XG8 but not the 3P or 4P.

@pcfarrar Odd, I have multiple sites with USG-4-Pros that have the 4.4.34 release available to them. I cannot confirm with the USG-3s though.

@need2gcm repeatedly spamming the check firmware button has now brought it up.

@pcfarrar Glad to hear it.