Emerging Member
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 3

Re: [USG] Firmware v4.4.34 now available

Installed and works fine. Thanks

Kudos: 67
Solutions: 3

Everything working fine on my XG with 4.4.29...do I update? I do use WAN failover but it is rarely if ever engaged.....150 people using the router.

Bueller...? Bueller...?

;-) So hard to resist a potential "update" yet did I learn the lesson from when people moved from 4.4.22 to 29? Why change if everything is working...?

Kudos: 3

I’m not seeing the firmware update in the UniFi SDN Controller for my USG-3P. I refreshed several times under the Devices section and clicked on the button “Check Firmware Updates” in the Settings > Maintenance > Device Firmware Update.

Just curious...Is there a waiting period for an update to show up in the Controller? I do know about the Configuration tab > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade method.

—>Robert

8-)

Warning: This message is protected by ROT-26 encryption. Permission is required to decrypt, reverse engineer, read silently, read aloud, print, copy, post, re-Tweet, email, broadcast, save, store, backup or delete.
Kudos: 1

I reported following issues. I hope they are fixed =

i) Enabled 'Proxy Tunnels' DPI blocked access to Google play store & Apple play store (Support request 1550364)

ii) HotSpot never shows voucher page on Ubuntu 16.04 & in Windows 7 OS's. (Support request 1565535)

Thanks.

Regards,
Amey.

Kudos: 1018
Solutions: 284

@sebehkYes, with other firmware releases they sometimes wait a week before pushing the firmware to the controller.

Kudos: 2

We are still waiting for some official statement on the horrible mess with v4.4.29.  Personally, I will not be installing this for a long time unless Ubiquiti gets its act together,

Established Member
Kudos: 576
Solutions: 157

Whatever "horrible mess" you think of 4.4.29 - .34 is Ubiquiti trying to fix it.

So sit there sticking your head in the sand and complaining wont help fix any of your current problems Man Tongue

I installed this on 2 x USG3P and so far working just fine (not using Dual WAN or IPS but eitherway it didnt break anything).
Help the community by marking issues as solved when they are!

If you need some help or just someone to bounce ideas off on a project, please send requests/details to:
consult@think-networks.com
Kudos: 3

Thanks.

I just updated my USG-3P and working fine so far.

--->Robert
8-)
Warning: This message is protected by ROT-26 encryption. Permission is required to decrypt, reverse engineer, read silently, read aloud, print, copy, post, re-Tweet, email, broadcast, save, store, backup or delete.

During the last 2 months the v4.4.29 release has generated about 15 pages of posts from users experiencing problems and eventually deciding to downgrade to v4.4.22.  Ubiquiti has not made a single post in the thread acknowledging this problem and is still offering to upgrade to v4.4.29 in the controller interface.  I have been in contact with their support which is not really helpful in this case as they stated a week ago that I would get an answer in the community thread (none seen).

I believe that this is an unprofessional behavior from a company I otherwise have been very satisfied with.  To me it is perfectly OK (but very unfortunate) to mess up and release a stable version with bugs that makes it unusable.  However, I expect an acknowledgement of the issue and I expect the controller to stop offering the buggy version.  When this does not happen, I do get very sceptical about any future stable version as this v4.4.34 being offered.

Is there a chance the IPv6 might be working?

Is this a stable release that will show up in the controller or is this a stable candidate that will be promoted to stable at a later date (if no issues pop up?

Wouldn't want my home connection to go down during the holliday season Man Happy

Kudos: 33
Solutions: 6

While I understand the fustration, I think your mistaken in your assumption that because there are users seeing issues, the firmware is bad for all. I have been running in since release without issues. This enterprise grade gear, not consumer, which means if the infrastructure is critical you need to be ready to test the firmware in your envirenment and be ready to downgrade if needed. This is no different if your using Unifi, or Cisco, or Juniper, etc. The firmware for the WLAN gear comes out and has pages of folks that have issues, sometimes it gets pulled, most of the time its up there, along with previous versions so you can find and use the one best for your specific setup. 

Established Member
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 73

[ Edited ]

@OS-NetCrawler wrote:

Is there a chance the IPv6 might be working?

Ahahahahaha - you surely jest?

We'll all be dead & buried before UBNT produces a functioning compliant IPv6 stack which doesn't require CLI & praying a lot.

If IPv6 is vital to you then you shouldn't be using UBNT products.

NAT reflection stopped working for me, rolled back after 5 minutes.  There is something not right in this release.  

I'll investigate when I have time, as its not worth it to have a production system down.

@UBNT-cmb,

Any chance this release fixes DPI counters on the USG-XG?

Kudos: 42
Solutions: 4

Did the upgrade through Controller 5.9.29 interface and USG went Disconnected state but stayed running with Internet access.

Did "show log tail" on the USG and saw errors like

SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block

Tried to reboot USG through SSH and it failed to reboot. Pulled the plug and connected it again and it booted up with a solid white LED but no Internet access.  Held the Reset button until the light went off and then it came back with flashing white LED.  DHCP wasn't handing out any addresses, so I had to manually set an IP on my computer since I use 192.168.2.x normally and when I reset it went to 192.168.1.1.  Manually did set-inform and after about 5 min it showed up in the controller as needing to be Adopted.  Clicked that an about 10 minutes later it was back online.

Trying the upgrade again, this time from the SSH session rather than the controller site.

Second attempt at upgrade, this time done at the command line, was successful.  Seeing CPU down from 10-15% to 3-5%

Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1

Any chance of anyone pointing where the direction can be found to upgrade USG from the command line to the latest 4.4.34. This does not appear on the CK Gen 2+ update toggle as yet and I understand (from the boards) it may be a week out. Otherwise will just wait it oput till it is "pushed".

Don't know why UBNT does not have a sticky for instructions of this type instead of having to ask the boards. Would be so much nicer to be able to get some of the generic instaructions without having to clutter up the boards.

Thanks.. 

[ Edited ]

First you need the download link for your USG version found here:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/USG-Firmware-v4-4-34-now-available/ba-p/2585041

For the USG 3P, it is: https://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/firmware/UGW3/4.4.34.5140612/UGW3.v4.4.34.5140612.tar

From the commandline of the USG, just type in

upgrade https://dl.ubnt.com/unifi/firmware/UGW3/4.4.34.5140612/UGW3.v4.4.34.5140612.tar

and away it goes

From the controller, click on the Router (or other device), then the Config tab on the page that appears on the right.  Under "Manage Device" paste the upgrade link into the Custom Upgrade field and click Custom Upgrade