Established Member
Kudos: 322
Solutions: 42

Re: [USG] Firmware v4.4.36 now available

@gjones67 wrote:

Be careful as this update wiped out all my IP settings.  I had to go back to factory default and start over.  When I hit update I wasn't expecting to spend my afternoon and evening redoing my network.  Not pleased with this update.  No other update did this.  Also, restoring from backup didn't restore IP addressing.

I've updated over 100 routers to this firmware and have never seen that happen before, even with earlier firmware.

As always, reboot the router BEFORE you update - it seems to go better.  from my experience, I have to reboot USGs that have uptimes >70 or so days or they will refuse to update and go into a disconnected state - then I have to SSH into them and 'reboot' and push upgrade again.

110+ sites / 100+ routers / 200+ switches / 300+ aps
UniFi / EdgeMAX / AirMAX / AirFiber
Kudos: 1

OMG this is exactly one of the issues I have been having with dual WAN links. Thank you and lets hope it works.
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 4

Hello, 

My USG Pro is running this 4.4.36 firmware,

I have both WANS populated with LB2120 4G gateways in bridging mode. Both are different carriers and setup in failover only.

IDS/IPS is off

GeoIP is off.

I don't notice a drop in connectivity diring these transitions.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help diagnose this.

Regards,

Adrian

USGPro4 - NetworkConfig.JPG
USGPro4 - SystemConfig.JPG
USGPro4-4.4.36.JPG

My SFP+ port has completely lost connectivity after this upgrade. Going to attempt to roll back to get connectivity back to my server. 

@dshidler wrote:

My SFP+ port has completely lost connectivity after this upgrade. Going to attempt to roll back to get connectivity back to my server.

From what version

[ Edited ]

I don't recall the exact version I came from, however, I just rolled back to 4.4.34 and all is well again. One thing I noticed is my CPU percentage while on 4.4.36 was around 80% but now its back to sub 5% on 4.4.34.

EDIT: This is on a USG-Pro-4 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 2

L2TP client VPN passthrough still fails after a few days of runtime.  This has been a continual problem since the release of the USG XG-8.

A reboot of the USG fixes the problem and allows client VPN sessions to be established through the USG.

ETA on a fix for this?

Established Member
Kudos: 210
Solutions: 58

@AdrianLevi wrote:

Hello, 

My USG Pro is running this 4.4.36 firmware,

I have both WANS populated with LB2120 4G gateways in bridging mode. Both are different carriers and setup in failover only.

IDS/IPS is off

GeoIP is off.

I don't notice a drop in connectivity diring these transitions.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help diagnose this.

Regards,

Adrian

Looking at your config:

Your 2g radios should only use channels 1, 6, or 11. Use a wifi analyzer and choose the channel with the least interference.

Established Member
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 68

@TedV wrote:

L2TP client VPN passthrough still fails after a few days of runtime.  This has been a continual problem since the release of the USG XG-8.

A reboot of the USG fixes the problem and allows client VPN sessions to be established through the USG.

ETA on a fix for this?

I'm finding anything to do with L2TP and dual-WAN on USG is a pile of hot steaming garbage. My workplace is now switching to Pritunl (OpenVPN) running on our VM cluster.

Windows 10 clients? its hell to support. I'm assuming you know about the regedit fix and such.

There is also a bug in windows 10 vpn client...if you try to connect via the quicklaunch area(clicking on the network adapter, then clicking on the vpn connection), it randomly fails. Most 809 errors. If you go to "settings", then 'network & internet", then VPN, then trying to connect from there, it has a somewhat higher success rate of connection.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 2

Mac OS clients connecting through USG to Meraki MX endpoints.

Established Member

@steven101010101 wrote:
Windows 10 clients? its hell to support. I'm assuming you know about the regedit fix and such.

There is also a bug in windows 10 vpn client...if you try to connect via the quicklaunch area(clicking on the network adapter, then clicking on the vpn connection), it randomly fails. Most 809 errors. If you go to "settings", then 'network & internet", then VPN, then trying to connect from there, it has a somewhat higher success rate of connection.

Do tell me more, even though we're switching away from L2TP that'd be nice to know.

Solutions: 1

WAN1 speed has dropped from 900mbps+ to ~40mbps after this upgrade.  Wasn't having much trouble before this, except failover didn't seem to work particularly well.

Odd thing is that when I disconnect WAN1, and plug the same cable into WAN2, I get back to 900mbps+ performance.

Both WAN1 & 2 autonegotiate to gigabit speed.

I've tried chatting w/ Ubiquiti, but I keep getting disconnected during debugging efforts, and tossed back into the end of the queue.

This is maddening.

Repeating issue is error rasclient event 809, which generally means a NAT issue.

Environment is a USG-PRO/l2tp-ipsec with Win 10 Pro Clients. AD authentication enabled via server 2012 Network Access Policy.

For the clients, reboots sometimes fixes the issue. Has something to do with the WAN miniport adapters. To avoid having users reboot, i would ask them to run a powershell script:

If (-NOT ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator"))

{
$arguments = "& '" + $myinvocation.mycommand.definition + "'"
Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs -ArgumentList $arguments
Break
}

Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (IP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false

Start-Sleep -s 5

Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (IP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false

Also, try this(reboot after applying it) : https://superuser.com/questions/1298513/l2tp-ipsec-vpn-fails-to-connect-on-windows-10-works-fine-on-...

If i have users attending a meeting onsite at a client site...and all of them are on the same guest network, only one can ever connect to vpn.
Established Member

@steven101010101 wrote:
Repeating issue is error rasclient event 809, which generally means a NAT issue.

Environment is a USG-PRO/l2tp-ipsec with Win 10 Pro Clients. AD authentication enabled via server 2012 Network Access Policy.

For the clients, reboots sometimes fixes the issue. Has something to do with the WAN miniport adapters. To avoid having users reboot, i would ask them to run a powershell script:

If (-NOT ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator"))

{
$arguments = "& '" + $myinvocation.mycommand.definition + "'"
Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs -ArgumentList $arguments
Break
}

Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Disable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (IP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false

Start-Sleep -s 5

Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false
Enable-NetAdapter -InterfaceDescription "WAN Miniport (IP)" -IncludeHidden –Confirm:$false

Also, try this(reboot after applying it) : https://superuser.com/questions/1298513/l2tp-ipsec-vpn-fails-to-connect-on-windows-10-works-fine-on-...

If i have users attending a meeting onsite at a client site...and all of them are on the same guest network, only one can ever connect to vpn.

I've run into that last issue too, quite frustrating. I've had to do the remove WAN miniport adapter and re-add as well. Thankfully we only have one regular user of the VPN using Windows, rest are Linux/Android or macOS clients.

Kudos: 3

My USG 3P is running better on 4.4.36, around 35% memory use and <10% CPU usage.

2.4 Ghz bands 12 & 13 are allowed in countries outside of North America, so the preferred channels are 1, 5, 9 & 13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Emerging Member
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

Updated from 4.4.34 to 4.4.36 8 days ago and have not seen any issues yet. 

Michael Lund Milo

USG 3P - USW-8-60W - USW-8-150W - 2 x UAP-AC-Pro - Cloud Key
Kudos: 2

@regisadeglans wrote:
My USG 3P is running better on 4.4.36, around 35% memory use and <10% CPU usage.

After Mem usage was rising to 73% with FW .29, my Win7 got random errors with the Peer Network Services now, that result in restarts.

I upgraded now the USG to .36 and mem usage decreases from 73% to 32%, CPU from 19% to 6%.

I hope, the Win7 errors disappears also.

Kudos: 2

[USG] Firmware v4.4.36 still failing like 4.4.29 did.

I am having what looks like the same issue with this version I had with  [USG] Firmware v4.4.29...

The USG works for a few hours and then stops...  I have to reboot my Comcast Arris Modem and the USG to restore internet service.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Now I am back on 4.4.22 until this gets sorted out. Man Sad

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/USG-Firmware-v4-4-29-now-available/m-p/2537366...