Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Re: USG IPsec VPN speed

In my testing the EdgeMax routers did far better than the USG, at least the USG3P.  Even a $60 ER-X could manage about 25Mb/s VPN throughput; the $130 USG3P crept along at a paltry 11-12Mb/s pace.  And ER-X was running a more complex encryption scheme.

Kudos: 54
Solutions: 10

This is clearly a problem that needs to be addressed.  When was the last time anyone from UBNT even looked at this thread?  It's been going on for two years now (almost) and there is a ton of evidence and information in here.  Really disappointing customer service.

Kudos: 299
Solutions: 47

It really is!

I was so enthusiastic with UniFi some weeks ago when I first started with UBNT-gear.

Since then I‘ve literally read thousands of posts here and it’s frustrating and shocking at the same time to learn how many bugs are well-known for months or even years and simply ignored by UBNT, especially concerning USG issues.

On the other hand we have the deafening silence from UBNT regarding the future development of UniFi in general and the USG line in particular.

More than disappointing and I‘m about to lose my faith and trust in Ubiquiti.

Kudos: 54
Solutions: 10

@UBNT-cmb @UBNT-APieper @UBNT-Nick 

Sorry to be a little spammy here but this is a serious problem affecting many people, can someone from UBNT please pick this back up and see it through to resolution?  Without something done soon, I will be forced to scrap all of my UBNT equipment at several locations for something else.

Kudos: 80
Solutions: 2

I’m using remote VPN as well, getting 2.31/d 2.26/u on a 1gbps USG-4P site from a site with 100/100

Having exactly the same issue.

Wired on 100/100 line.

With VPN activated, 12/30Mbit

Running a Unifi Security gateway Pro 4.