Kudos: 135

USG IPv6 XS4all new firmware

Hi Guys,

I noticed that under your USG in version 4.4.18.5052168 (controller 5.7.15) you are able to add some IPv6 settiings under config WAN. Which made me come to the conclusion that i can add  IPV6 from GUI now not needing the json trick from https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005868927-UniFi-How-to-Implement-IPv6-with-DHCPv6-and-Pre... anymore. Also noticed that firewall is available (in alpha).

So i decided to give it a go with my native provided /48 from xs4ll. However from both the static and the DHCPv6 version i not able to do a ping6 nor does my computer get an ipv6.

Anyone (at xs4all) or from a different provider have any thoughts ? I tried both settings, see screenshots below. Hope anyone can help me get this sorted.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.30.41.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-20 at 12.38.06.png

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 6

Re: USG IPv6 XS4all new firmware

They removed Ipv6 PPPoE, thats what xs4all needs Man Happy it will come back in a later version of the controller.

I'm not sure that is the case to be honest. As my connection is allready live using pppoe on the IPv4 vlan6. Xs4all supplies the ipv6 native over the IPv4 connection i believe.

I used use a mikrotik with got an ip straight away using DHCPv6. I was told that ipv6 only works using the assigned /48 prefix is leased using DHCPv6 from that point you should be able to assign devices an ip from that pool. And then you are able to give devices a fixed ipv6 using prefix hint.

Hints, tips and tricks are more then welcome still working to get it working.

Anyone got it working on the new controller version ? I cant seem to get it working.

Kudos: 8

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.

I use XS4all as my ISP.  XS4all hands out /48 IPv6 addresses I have a Draytek vigor 130 as a modem between my DSL and my USG-Pro-4

The USG uses vlan 6 to setup the pppoe. The IP4 works. The IPv6 is setup to use dhcp-PD with a /48 preefix.

Since controller version 5.7.7 it should be posible to get an IPv6 address on the WAN.

Although i have tried all the sugenstions mentioned in this formum i still does not get an IPv6 address on my pppoe link with XS4all.

This is how my eth2 config looks like. I have changed a few settings with a config.gateway.json file

Current config:

ethernet eth2 {
vif 6 {
description WAN
dhcpv6-pd {
pd 0 {
interface eth0 {
}
prefix-length 48
}
rapid-commit enable
}
firewall {
in {
ipv6-name WANv6_IN
name WAN_IN
}
local {
ipv6-name WANv6_LOCAL
name WAN_LOCAL
}
out {
ipv6-name WANv6_OUT
name WAN_OUT
}
}
pppoe 2 {
default-route none
dhcpv6-pd {
pd 0 {
interface eth0 {
}
prefix-length 48
}
rapid-commit enable
}
firewall {
in {
ipv6-name WANv6_IN
name WAN_IN
}
local {
ipv6-name WANv6_LOCAL
name WAN_LOCAL
}
out {
ipv6-name WANv6_OUT
name WAN_OUT
}
}
ipv6 {
address {
autoconf
}
enable {
}
}
name-server none
password ****************
user-id xxxxxxxxx
}
}
}

This is my config.gateway.json file

"interfaces": {
"ethernet": {
"eth2": {
"vif": {
"6": {
"pppoe": {
"2": {
"dhcpv6-pd": {
"rapid-commit": "enable"
},
"ipv6": {
"address": {
"autoconf": "''"
},
"enable": "''",
"dup-addr-detect-transmits": 1
}
}
}
}
}
}
}
},
"protocols": {
"static": {
"interface-route6": {
"::/0": {
"next-hop-interface": {
"pppoe2": "''"
}
}
}
}
}

Any sugestions?

Does somewone has a working setup with XS4all and IPv6 on a DSL line, please share your config.

Wouter

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

Heb het hier werkend op 5.7.25 achter een Fritzbox 7340 en 7360v1, zet bij je USG settings de Prefix Delegation Size op 62

(in de fritzbox zet je Assign DNS server, prefix (IA_PD) and IPv6 address (IA_NA) aan bij je IPv6 Network Settings)

Bij je Network zet je nu IPv6 aan op basis van Prefix Delegation.

Zet hier je Prefix ID op 0

Bij mij werkt het nu

(volgens mij werkt het ook zonder DHCPv6 server, probeer dat eerst)

Zet de DHCPv6 Server aan met 2001:981:XXX:2::2 en 2001:981:XXX:2:7d1 (XXX is jouw suffix, check even in je fritzbox)

In the case of the New Fritzbox 7581, you need to configure it like this:

1 FRITZ!Box

1. Click "Home Network"
  2. In the menu "Home Network" click "Home Network Overview".
  3. Click on the tab "Network Settings".
  4. Click "IPv6 Addresses" (you might need to set the view to advanced, lower left hand corner).
  5. In "DHCPv6 Servers in the Home Network", enable "Allow IPv6 prefixes announced by other IPv6 routers in the home network".
  6. In "DHCPv6 Servers in the Home Network", enable the option "Enable DHCPv6 server in the FRITZ!Box for the home network" and set the option to "Assign DNS server, prefix (IA_PD) and IPv6 address (IA_NA)".
  7. Click "OK".

2 IPv6-router

• Now set the USG to dhcpv6, with th prefix delegation size to what the fritzbox says on the abovementioned page, in my case /62.