Highlighted
Accepted Solution

USG LAN2 internet access

Hi all - I just installed a USG (3 port) and am having issues configuring LAN2 to allow internet access.  I have LAN1 with default settings (192.168.1.1/24) and everything is working fine there.  LAN2 is setup as 192.168.2.1/24 (and LAN2 is selected for network group) -  no internet.  

I know this must be a very simple fix but haven't seen on the forum how to configure this.  Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 336
Solutions: 119

Re: USG LAN2 internet access

[ Edited ]

@hopdog  Hello and welcome to the community.

In order to use the LAN2 Port on USG you need controller 5.5x beta together with the firmware that belongs to it.

cempa

Please reward people who have helped you with kudo's and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 336
Solutions: 119

[ Edited ]

@hopdog  Hello and welcome to the community.

In order to use the LAN2 Port on USG you need controller 5.5x beta together with the firmware that belongs to it.

cempa

Please reward people who have helped you with kudo's and mark your thread as solved when you receive a solution to your issue.

Thanks! I missed that...thought it would work with 5.4x.
Kudos: 2

hi all,

sorry to pick up this old thread but i think its better then starting a new one regarding this topic... 

i have the issue that i need 2 LAN ports at the location of the USG. Till now i though i will need to buy a switch which i connect to the lan port of the USG and then use two ports out of the switch. since this solution ends up with around 200€ it feels not worth to replace my old asus router... 

now i saw this VOIP port and was asking myself if its possible to use it as a 2. LAN port which would save my around 100€ for a switch.

my setup would look like this:

Cable-Modem -> USG WAN

USG LAN -> 8 port switch in the basement which powers all Access Points

USG VOIP -> MediaServer directly beside the USG (no way to pull a cable from the 8 port switch from the basement back to connect the media server)

would it be possible to configure it like hopdog describted it to connect both LAN's?

for example printing from mediaserver connected to VOIP/LAN2 to a Printer thats connected to LAN?

Kudos: 2

Do you ever find an answer to this? I'm wondering the same thing...

@Sonarok wrote:

hi all,

sorry to pick up this old thread but i think its better then starting a new one regarding this topic... 

i have the issue that i need 2 LAN ports at the location of the USG. Till now i though i will need to buy a switch which i connect to the lan port of the USG and then use two ports out of the switch. since this solution ends up with around 200€ it feels not worth to replace my old asus router... 

now i saw this VOIP port and was asking myself if its possible to use it as a 2. LAN port which would save my around 100€ for a switch.

my setup would look like this:

Cable-Modem -> USG WAN

USG LAN -> 8 port switch in the basement which powers all Access Points

USG VOIP -> MediaServer directly beside the USG (no way to pull a cable from the 8 port switch from the basement back to connect the media server)

would it be possible to configure it like hopdog describted it to connect both LAN's?

for example printing from mediaserver connected to VOIP/LAN2 to a Printer thats connected to LAN?

So as i understand it, the USG does not switch, puting a media server on the lan2 would probably require a lot of switch activity, probably better to put the media server on your actual switch and find a low bandwith device for the Lan2 port.