Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 2

USG PRO vlan limitation

My application is 75 residences in a condominium building and must have absolute isolation between each residence  supported by one AP.  Assuming the best isolation is vlan tagging, what is the USG vlan limitation, i.e. can it support 75 vlans and trunking?  Can the Unifi 48 port switches support 48 tagged vlans?  Data sheets and configuration guides for both products do not show vlan limitations.  What is my subnet limitation on USG PRO, i.e., can I have 10 or more subnets if desired, as there's no spec in the data sheet / configuration guides.  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong documentation. 

Established Member
Kudos: 280
Solutions: 12

Re: USG PRO vlan limitation

[ Edited ]

Dit you ever get a answer? 

I have the same question. 

Emerging Member

No, I never received a response.  I am baffled this measurement is not in Ubiquiti specs!

Established Member
Kudos: 280
Solutions: 12

But did it work? Did you give al 75 residents there own subnet.  Looking for this for +-100 apartments. 

I think ink it is possible in the controller but does the USG have enough cpu.

Emerging Member

Project was abandoned due to lack of Ubiquiti information.  I didn't want to invest considerable time and money to investigate product capability which should have been in it's basic specifications. 

Kudos: 271
Solutions: 23

In the future, when you need a response soon:

1) use their ticket system

2) use live chat which is available built in to any UniFi controller and on the above link.

3) tag a ubnt employee by using @ requests in forum posts. 

Had you used #2, you would have had your question answered in a few minutes in my own experience. I use it frequently when needing a quick answer. 

Highlighted
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

I am using over 100 VLANS in a similar application