Kudos: 52
Solutions: 14

Re: USG-Pro-4 Restarting every 2 days

Sure, when you've got a bad unit you should apply for a RMA.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 3

The issue is that RMAs are taking months. That is not a viable solution 

Highlighted
Kudos: 52
Solutions: 14

Agree, but there's still a choice:

Go cheap, replace DIY the RAM and/or have USG as Spare just to buy time or,

the point I want to make;

Go Pro and buy an extra Pro as spare and make your case @ubnt stronger

hope to speed up the bureaucrazy.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Lovely, looks like this is still an issue with new units. I just bought mine a couple months ago. I was on beta firmwares to get port remapping so I was really hoping that was the cause but I've reverted to all official/stable versions and my USG disconnects at least once per day. I've been joking about how I could go to Best Buy and buy a cheap router and have a more stable network, and it appears my joke is more of a truth.

I can confirm I have been up solid replacing my RAM myself in my USG-Pro-4.  Support bascially took my name and information, and said thanks.  I did not get a new system nor get a replacment offer (Which I am ok with).  I am happy to say the RAM is keeping my firewall up and solid for the past 20 days 14 hours.  Not bad for RAM I found in a drawer from an old laptop. The only thing, make sure you put in exactly the correct RAM with correct voltage, ect.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

They told me mine is a known bad batch and to contact the reseller for replacement, or go through their snail process of RMA and hope I get something in return within a month.

Terrible support. Terrible hardware, Terrible software. I fail to see a single positive to this gear at this point. Nothing but problems and headaches.

Established Member
Kudos: 362
Solutions: 27

Sorry you had bad experience, but there are large number of us have positive experience. Hardware and software issues happen to all companies. If you think this is bad, you should visit some of the consumer gear hardware forums. UniFi employee and user community support is actually great from what I have encountered. Fortunately, I am tech savvy enough that I have never had to call hardware/software support for any company so far. I am also hardware/software tester, so I know how all this stuff works or should work.

As for failing to see a single positive to this gear, check out the UniFi Stories section: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Stories/con-p/UniFi_Stories
The Man from Q.A. My Story: UniFing the Spanish Garden | My Story: Rise of Accidental WiFi Test Lab | Signal & Throughput Tests Log | Early Access Signup
UniFi: UAS-XG, USG-XG, 24 L2 PoE, AC PRO, AC Mesh, AC Walls , HD, SHD, XG, nanoHD, G3 Micro.
Wired clients: Custom built Windows 10 PC, Brother MFC, four PS3s, four XBOX360s, two Wiis, four Smart TVs.
Wireless clients: Fourteen (yes, 14) Nest Thermostats for in-floor radiant heating, 5 Amazon Echos (original/show/dots), two MB Pros, two Windows laptops, one iPad 5th Gen, one Surface Pro 3, four iPhones, two Android phones, two DS Lites, Neato robotic vacuum.