Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

USG Pro-4 falls "Offline", and IP addresses keep growing!

I'm sure its a setting somewhere in the labarynth of settings.... but, my USG Pro looks good, but the controller shows "offline" after about 24hrs.  If I run the unifi desktop app, it will find the USG, and controller shows up again.  I also notice, that IP addresses keep being added.  Whats the deal?  I only have one subnet.  I dont know where these others are coming from.

usgips.jpg

Unifi 4x NanoHD, CK G2+, USG-Pro-4, HPE 3810M 40G, 5x G3 Flex Cameras

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 263
Solutions: 82

Re: USG Pro-4 falls "Offline", and IP addresses keep growing!

[ Edited ]

@martinav 

Ok, so a few things.

1. IMO using a laptop for a controller is a bad idea

2. The USG can NOT be a controller

what I recommend is to use what you already have in the Cloud key, and run both UniFi protect and UniFi network of that. Then, you can access your Network controller from anywhere by logging into unifi.ui.com

Cain Tech Solutions | Hosted UniFi/UNMS | Other Services | Serving Eastern NC and more!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member

This looks like your controller is not configured correctly. What are you using for a controller?

Cain Tech Solutions | Hosted UniFi/UNMS | Other Services | Serving Eastern NC and more!

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

@cainmp 

Your asking this question makes me question a lot of things.  Enough that I'm not sure how to even answer that question.  I will try to explain what I did, and perhaps that will be enough to discern my setup.  

I installed my USG-Pro-4 AFTER I had a CK2+ running my wifi and protect.  My intensions was to have the USG-Pro-4 control everything except for my cameras.  It was my belief, that I had it setup where the USG-Pro-4 was the Controller.  With that said, I installed Ubiquiti Unifi Controller Software on my PC.  I then disabled the Controller module in the CK2+. 

It seems that my USG comes back online when I run the app on my PC, and controller finds itself as shown below.

image.png

So, I suppose what is happening is that my PC is actually running the Controller.  When I shut it down, then thats when my USG goes offline.

Soo...  What is the best way to set this up?

My hardware:

USG-Pro-4

CK2+ w/5TB Drive

4x Unifi Nano-HD APs

5x Flex G3 Cameras

What is the best way to set this up so that everything is most reliable, quick, and self supporting?

Thank you!

Established Member

[ Edited ]

@martinav 

Ok, so a few things.

1. IMO using a laptop for a controller is a bad idea

2. The USG can NOT be a controller

what I recommend is to use what you already have in the Cloud key, and run both UniFi protect and UniFi network of that. Then, you can access your Network controller from anywhere by logging into unifi.ui.com

Emerging Member

@cainmp ,

Well, its not a laptop.  I just didnt realise that the controller software was actually running on the PC.  For some reason, I thought the USG was running it.  I have to admit, how all of this stuff works together is a bit nebulous.  Now that I know that the USG does not actually run the controller, I will certainly put it back on my CK2+. 

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Rod