Emerging Member
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

USG-Pro-4 multiple DDNS services

I am trying to setup a DDNS service for namecheap. I have several hostnames, but when I go to create another DDNS record in the controller, I get an error of "There was an error saving the dynamic dns changes. Dynamic DNS service "namecheap" already exists."

Why am I only allowed to use the same service for only a single domain?

Also, I have dual a dual WAN setup, so obviously the IP addresses of WAN 1 and 2 are different, so how do I specify which WAN to pull the IP address from to update the DDNS? The reason why I would like to specify which WAN to pull the IP from is because I would like to create a hostname as backup.mydomain.com and when WAN1 goes down, and it fails over to WAN2, I would know to access my site using backup.mydomain.com immedialty so I do not have to wait for any DDNS to update and propogate around the globe. 

Highlighted
Kudos: 152
Solutions: 20

Re: USG-Pro-4 multiple DDNS services

You can use the CLI to add additional DDNS providers and then export to a config.gateway.json. There is a help topic on the config.gateway.json so I'm not gointg to duplicate that here. 

The code below will work to add your DDNS provider but you'll need to change the interface and other data to match your system. 

set service dns dynamic interface eth1 service dyndns host-name host.mydomain.com
set service dns dynamic interface eth1 service dyndns login USER
set service dns dynamic interface eth1 service dyndns password PASSWORD
set service dns dynamic interface eth1 service dyndns server DNSSERVER.com