Emerging Member

USG Pro keeps rebooting

Hi all, 

I bought a USG Pro 4 about 2 weeks ago now and almost every day it reboots itself 2 or 3 times a day, i did see this was a common problem a few years ago and was fixed with a firmware update but for some reason, mine keeps doing it. 

I'm running firmware version 4.4.18.5052172 on the USG and controller version 5.6.30. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or help troubleshoot it? It's getting quite annoying now lol.

TIA

Re: USG Pro keeps rebooting

Same problem here...

Anyone have a solution ??

USG-Pro 4 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

Open an RMA, but in the notes ask for an advanced RMA, there was an issue with some versions of the USG Pro.  If they dont reply with an advanced RMA, open a ticket with support asking for one.

Emerging Member

As above open an RMA with Ubiquiti, i had to send my unit back to be replaced.

Did changing device solve the issue?
Having the same issue, device has already been replaced once for same issue.
I think it has something to do with my cable modem being in bridge with DHCP.
Kudos: 2

There should be a sticky related to this as there are many users reporting the issue.

To identity the cause you can

- attached a console cable which will show the details. I use an RJ45 to USB cable connected to a  Mac. Open a terminal and connect using "sudo screen /dev/cu.usbserial-A9030Z45 115200". Any output can be saved via the Shell menu > export text as option

- in the controller UI site settings > remote logging > enable remote syslog and debug logging. Via ssh enable netconsole debug logging as per https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000644367-UniFi-How-to-Enable-Netconsole-Debug-Logging-on... . Setup a syslog server (e.g. Splunk) to capture the output

I have been doing this for several weeks. Many users have reported these problems and it is most likely due to an "Unhandled kernel unaligned access" which causes a kernel panic and restart.

Received my third (!) unit this week (thanks to my dealer).... Installed it today...

I will keep you posted...

Highlighted
Emerging Member

@rgunn wrote:

There should be a sticky related to this as there are many users reporting the issue.

To identity the cause you can

- attached a console cable which will show the details. I use an RJ45 to USB cable connected to a  Mac. Open a terminal and connect using "sudo screen /dev/cu.usbserial-A9030Z45 115200". Any output can be saved via the Shell menu > export text as option

- in the controller UI site settings > remote logging > enable remote syslog and debug logging. Via ssh enable netconsole debug logging as per https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000644367-UniFi-How-to-Enable-Netconsole-Debug-Logging-on... . Setup a syslog server (e.g. Splunk) to capture the output

I have been doing this for several weeks. Many users have reported these problems and it is most likely due to an "Unhandled kernel unaligned access" which causes a kernel panic and restart.

What this guy said, the problem is caused by kernel panic or at least it was with mine anyway. Replacing the unit did fix the rebooting problem but now i have a problem with the IPS not working properly lol, hopefully that will be sorted soon though.