USG QoS - post 1001

All,

Apologies for the millionth post on the subject matter, general forum searches and google haven't taken me closer to the answer I seek. In short, I have a small network the my USG oversees but I have broad issues of internet slowdowns when someone is downloading large files - the norm in 2019. Is there any way from the GUI or CLI to prioritize bandwidth for an IP or a VLAN? Is there another way I'm not thinking of that has me searching foolishly? Suggestions?

Kudos: 403
Solutions: 105

Re: USG QoS - post 1001

[ Edited ]

On the USG, this is called SmartQueues. This is no more work than clicking a button/check box.

If it is wireless, you can limit their maximum data rate by using User Groups.

Highlighted

Re: USG QoS - post 1001

That's what I thought. SmartQueues seem to be problematic for high bandwidth connections as there seems to be a massive hit in performance. I already use groups for Wifi so I was hoping for something else that would allow active traffic shaping based on some rule of ensuring that ip x.x.x.x gets bandwith over ip x.x.y.y like a tv/phone > a computer.

Thanks tho. Next upgrade is clearly edgeRouters. Unifi is a step in the right direction but without serious/any QoS I'm pretty disappointed.