Reply
New Member
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎12-11-2016
Kudos: 49

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

+1

Emerging Member
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎02-28-2013
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 3

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

I just installed two US-8 switches in home, replacing some old Trendnet boxes.  Watching real-time throughput on the individual switch ports as well as the USG would really be helpful.

New Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-25-2015
Kudos: 6

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

+1 for this as well. I'm really disappointed that this isn't a feature. I deployed a USG full stack for a client without realizing this feature was absent. I really need to be able to locate and isolate devices that choke out upload bandwidth. I won't be deploying any more networks with UniFi until this feature is available.

Veteran Member
Posts: 4,918
Registered: ‎09-26-2013
Kudos: 1315
Solutions: 350

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth


darkecloud wrote:

+1 for this as well. I'm really disappointed that this isn't a feature. I deployed a USG full stack for a client without realizing this feature was absent. I really need to be able to locate and isolate devices that choke out upload bandwidth. I won't be deploying any more networks with UniFi until this feature is available.


If you're wanting to do this remotely, this data will become the choke - the data has to get to the controller in order for you to view it (as the GUI is on the controller, not on the device).

 

There's probably a way to view the realtime data on a switch via the telnet interface.

 

Member
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
Kudos: 23

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth


andyc wrote:

darkecloud wrote:

+1 for this as well. I'm really disappointed that this isn't a feature. I deployed a USG full stack for a client without realizing this feature was absent. I really need to be able to locate and isolate devices that choke out upload bandwidth. I won't be deploying any more networks with UniFi until this feature is available.


If you're wanting to do this remotely, this data will become the choke - the data has to get to the controller in order for you to view it (as the GUI is on the controller, not on the device).

 

There's probably a way to view the realtime data on a switch via the telnet interface.

 


 

I would really like to see SOMETHING that is an improvement over the current "Activity" indicator. Perhaps somethings with some control over it (i.e., 30 second averages for each client, that could be adjusted to longer or shorter times depending on server load). Twice this past week I found myself chasing a bandwidth hog that would not show on the controller in an obvious way.

New Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-25-2015
Kudos: 6

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

I've already experienced that problem: cloud key product is on-site and I was trying to troubleshoot remotely. That said, the client is only a 5 minute drive from my office, so in some cases (if I'm in town that day) I'm willing to drive over and troubleshoot while connected to the LAN. In which case, having that realtime client bandwidth data would be super useful since I have zero problem accessing the cloud key over the LAN.

 

Seriously, something like the EdgeRouter X has would be super helpful. I am testing with that unit at home and it's great, along with CoDel (Smart Queue). I just enabled Smart Queues for my client on the USG, so while I hope that helps, I still want to know who the bandwidth hogs are, but the UniFi software is useless for that. Even the stats pages make it nigh impossible to see bandwidth usage over the past 5 mintues or hour.

New Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-25-2017
Kudos: 8

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

Any news from the developers on this, I would have thought it would be a simple feature to add seeing as the edge routers has it and its pretty much the same hardware.

New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-06-2017
Kudos: 1

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

[ Edited ]

I just picked up some Unifi gear and I am sadden it doesn't have support for this.  (Unless is does have support and I'm just a dope that can't find it - No the activity bar doesn't count as it isn't realtime and very vague) 

 

When it come to usefull network troubleshooting knowing if something on your network is pushing your WAN connection to it's limits saves a ton of time.  Between this and the way QoS works with the USG makes me want to find a different solution.

 

Sadly I really like the setup and the rest of the software package thus far.  It definitely beats a lot of the other consumer networking gear I've used.

Member
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
Kudos: 23

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth


Matthewevans wrote:

...Unless is does have support and I'm just a dope that can't find it...


Nope, it is just not there.

 


Matthewevans wrote:

 

When it come to usefull network troubleshooting knowing if something on your network is pushing your WAN connection to it's limits saves a ton of time. 


Definitely, please please please UBNT, can this be implemented? On my own network I have to run a MikroTik in-line just so I can see what is really going on. This defeats the purpose of running a "UniFi" network that can be managed from a single pane.

 


Matthewevans wrote:

...the way QoS works with the USG makes me want to find a different solution.


Yes, QoS still remains a huge disappointment after several years. It would be awesome to have better control over this without making totally custom configurations that override all controller settings.

 

 

think the UniFi solution is still one of the best cost high performance systems, which is why I continue to run them for myself and custom customers, but without fixing some of these issues, others are going to catch up soon.

 

 

New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-11-2016
Kudos: 1

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

hello, i really thought this is already implemented Man Happy but i cant find it.

 

just watched that someone is eating my upload, but dont know who?

 

i bought only the usg to see whic device is using bandwith...

 

this is really annoying.

 

 

any news on this????

New Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-25-2015
Kudos: 6

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

It's become increasingly apparant that Ubiquiti doesn't give a rip about implementing such an important feature of what they call an "enterprise router". I would return my USG if I could. Since it's too late for that, the only thing left for us to do is leave 1-star reviews for the USG on Amazon. That's what I'm doing this evening.

New Member
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎07-05-2014
Kudos: 9

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

One year of this post and no official responses, 

that feature is signed as implemented but it's not true https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching-Feature/DPI-find-who-use-all-the-bandwidth/idi...

 

I suggest to anyone in this post, as told by @darkecloud to leave 1-star review on amazon or other sites.

 

I'm a big fan of UBNT products but this is very disappointing 

New Member
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎07-05-2014
Kudos: 9

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

[ Edited ]

Last night a friend with USG was trying to find out who was draining his bandwith at home.

He was going crazy until he connected is old ASUS RT-AC87 (all RT model has realtime bandwith feature) and discovered the guilty, so easy.

 

Here a screenshot of what we expect to see in the next releases 

Schermata 2017-11-10 alle 08.00.53.jpeg

 

 

Regular Member
Posts: 317
Registered: ‎02-08-2017
Kudos: 78
Solutions: 10

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

I would also like a feature like this, what is UBNT planning to do in that direction?

Every journey starts with a small step....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fiber -> USG 4 Pro (4.4.33) -> USW 16 Poe 150w (4.0.5) -> UAP AC PRO + Mesh (4.0.6)
CK (0.12.1/5.9.32)
SuperUser
Posts: 9,102
Registered: ‎01-10-2012
Kudos: 5512
Solutions: 381

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

Even though it was linked erlier it's worth posting again - be sure to visit it (click here) and then click the Thumbs up button to record your Kudos/vote and then if you are fealing really proactive post why you don't think it's yet implimented as we desire.


It's critical you click the thumbs up whenever voting for a feture request - that's what they really pay attention to, not posts in response to ideas (so +1's don't really do anything)

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Member
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
Kudos: 23

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth


EricE wrote:

Even though it was linked erlier it's worth posting again - be sure to visit it (click here) and then click the Thumbs up button to record your Kudos/vote and then if you are fealing really proactive post why you don't think it's yet implimented as we desire.


It's critical you click the thumbs up whenever voting for a feture request - that's what they really pay attention to, not posts in response to ideas (so +1's don't really do anything)


I think, actually, it would be better to create a new request simply about live bandwidth or individual bandwidth usage. Since that one shows it is implemented and is specifically tied to DPI, I'm not sure it will get the point across. 

SuperUser
Posts: 9,102
Registered: ‎01-10-2012
Kudos: 5512
Solutions: 381

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth


uberdome wrote:
I think, actually, it would be better to create a new request simply about live bandwidth or individual bandwidth usage. Since that one shows it is implemented and is specifically tied to DPI, I'm not sure it will get the point across. 

Perhaps.  Can't hurt I suppose.  If you create it I'll give you a thumbs Man Happy

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
New Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎11-25-2015
Kudos: 6

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

Thanks @EricE and @uberdome for adding here. I wish I had time today to create a new post that elaborates what we need. I'm reasonably happy with how it's implemented in the ER-X, for example. If someone would be willing to create that post and link it here, I'll be sure to upvote it. Thanks.

New Member
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎04-10-2017
Kudos: 563

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

I hope I have not overstepped, however, I have created a new feature request specifically for this. I hope I have not duplicated efforts. I placed a link back to this thread as well. I hoped by creating a new one that it might not be overlooked as duplicate.

 

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching-Feature/USG-Realtime-traffic-graph/idi-p/21522...

Emerging Member
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎04-26-2015
Kudos: 6

Re: USG Real Time Bandwidth

+1 for real time bandwidth usage - coming from an edge router, where you could see instantly what the current bandwidth usage is.. this is a major step down

Reply