Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

USG VLAN with HP V1910-16G Switch NOT WORKING

[ Edited ]

I recently acquired an HP V1910-16G Switch and cannot figure out how to configure the VLANS on it. I have setup VLANS in unifi and set the corresponding ports to the correct VLAN ID, but when I plug my computer into that port, I do not get a DHCP address. Am I missing somehting here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions

Re: USG VLAN with HP V1910-16G Switch NOT WORKING

Ok. Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to set all ports to be tagged on all vlans, and then untagged on the ports that I wanted to be assigned to that VLAN.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense to anyone, but it made sense to me and its working now. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Kudos: 38
Solutions: 12

Let's start with the basics and move up:

1. Are you using the USG for DHCP?
  2. If you're using the USG for DHCP, when you setup the networks in the controller, did you verify that DHCP was enabled?
  3. What is the native or default VLAN of the port you are trying to use on the switch?
  4. Did you add all the VLANs on the port that goes to the USG router?
  5. What is the default VLAN of the port connected to the USG?

That should give you enough to get started.  I'm sorry if they're a little too basic, but it's a place to start.

@dmeiser wrote:

Let's start with the basics and move up:

1. Are you using the USG for DHCP?
  2. If you're using the USG for DHCP, when you setup the networks in the controller, did you verify that DHCP was enabled?
  3. What is the native or default VLAN of the port you are trying to use on the switch?
  4. Did you add all the VLANs on the port that goes to the USG router?
  5. What is the default VLAN of the port connected to the USG?

That should give you enough to get started.  I'm sorry if they're a little too basic, but it's a place to start.

1. Yes the USG is handing out DHCP.

2. Yes. However, within the last day, I cannot seem to get access to the guest network, but thats another post.

3. The default VLAN is the main "corprate" network (Lets call it 1, since it has no VLAN ID)

4. Im not sure what you mean by this question but I'll try to answer. I attempted to setup the pors on the switch with the corresponding VLANS, but I must not know what I am doing, because I can't get anything from those ports.

5. The default VLAN of the port is the main "corprate" network. (Lets call it 1, since it has no VLAN ID)

Thanks for your help.

Ok. Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to set all ports to be tagged on all vlans, and then untagged on the ports that I wanted to be assigned to that VLAN.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense to anyone, but it made sense to me and its working now.