Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

Re: USG and ATT GigaPower - Slow speeds since Nov 12

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if you were using the TV or Phone from the gateway that they would no longer work in this setup.  I use DirectTV now on appletvs and I also use an obihai obi202 for my phone.  All goes through the USG.

Mike

Kudos: 3

I don’t believe they do without extra configuration. I’ve read with some you just need the vlans set properly. I too switched to directv shortly after I started down the unifi path and didn’t go too far down the research path. 

I am also affected by this. I knew something strange was going on when all my Speedtests were capped at 50 Mbps. I’m glad I found this thread. I had scheduled a technician to come out but canceled and had them ship me an Arris BGW210 instead. It should arrive between the 16th and 19th. 

My call with customer support went really. Presented him my issue of items in DMZPlus zone not getting anywhere near speed and the firmware upgrade and factory reset still only getting me 600 megabit up and down and after he ran diagnostics he processed the equipment replacement. New bgw210 should arrive tomorrow, except I’m out of town until Sunday. 

Anyone who who has gotten the replacement Arris, any tips on setup or anything? Also anyone know if it has funky quirks like the Pace with the annoying hidden ssid even with the 5g radios off?

MTU still 1500 or are there any difference there?

AT&T tech dropped off the BGW210 and I swapped it out; we're in business now:

Thanks to all of those who helped me to diagnose this issue, I couldn't be happier with the Unifi setup now.

@sorensentodd all I did was disable the wireless radios on the Arris and configure IP passthrough.  After a reboot of the USG everything worked as I expected.

Kudos: 2

@adolchristin wrote:

AT&T tech dropped off the BGW210 and I swapped it out; we're in business now:

Thanks to all of those who helped me to diagnose this issue, I couldn't be happier with the Unifi setup now.

Excellent, glad all is working out for you as well! Although this doesn't solve the root issue, at least we path to get things back to working. Never did like that Pace gateway anyways ....

@sorensentodd wrote:

Anyone who who has gotten the replacement Arris, any tips on setup or anything? Also anyone know if it has funky quirks like the Pace with the annoying hidden ssid even with the 5g radios off?

MTU still 1500 or are there any difference there?

It's pretty much the same as the Pace setup, just pages are organized a little different. Check out the links from my Post 17

Couple of things I've noticed:

• Overall response of the BGW210 admin pages is much faster. 
  • It took a little bit before I could see the USG as a connected device. Don't know if it's because I set the BGW210 to 192.168.2.254 and my internal network to 192.1.68.1.xxx. Others reported similar item without doing this, so if it's not available via dropdown when setting in IP Passthrough just manually enter the MAC address. All selecting in the dropdown does is autopopulate the MAC anyways. 
  • Software/Firmware versions before 1.6.7 cannot use Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1). 
  • Software/Firmware 1.6.7 should be avoided as it breaks port forwarding and some have reported issues with IP Passthrough. Use 1.6.9 (or I am on 1.5.12 for reference)
  • IPv4 MTU is defaulted at 1500... IPv6 MTU is defaulted to 1472. Both can be changed

I followed these steps to set up my Pace in DMZ mode:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/USG-behind-AT-amp-T-Pace-5268AC/td-p/1991523

It specifies "14) Check everything under Attack Detection"

but I too had a serious problem on Nov 12 that several full network shutdowns didn't resolve.  I believe it had something to do with the Pace "Attack Detection" features on in the DMZ Mode.  My firewall logs on the Pace were getting slammed and only the first few connections to a website would go through before slowing to a crawl and then having to reboot the Pace.  I finally UNCHECKED everything under "Attack Detection" and it resolved my issue.

I have an old Archer C7 that I believe has 802.1Q capability.  I may try the MAC spoofing trick; but not sure I want to complicate my reconnect process.

@twlawson wrote:

I am also affected by this. I knew something strange was going on when all my Speedtests were capped at 50 Mbps. I’m glad I found this thread. I had scheduled a technician to come out but canceled and had them ship me an Arris BGW210 instead. It should arrive between the 16th and 19th. 

Well I received my order today, opened it up and... a Pace 5268 was inside. Good job AT&T, good job! 

I called and they said the BGW210 was out of stock, so they shipped the Pace instead. After I explained the issue again, they offered to ship the Arris NVG599. Hopefully this model will still resolve the issue. If not, I’ll just check back periodically to see when the BGW210 comes back in stock.

WOW....so happy I came acorss this trhead. For the last week been going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong everything was working great for almost a whole year till about 8 days ago. I am going to contact ATT and get the New Arris modem. Thanks for sharing this info. 

[ Edited ]

Well....just got off phone with ATT and they sending me the Arris  BGW210 router so hopefully this will fix things up. Sounded like you dont need a technician they can just send you the new modem for self install. Thanks again everyone for the information I appreicate it. 

My BGW210 was supposed to arrive saturday, to no avail. Called yesterday when it still hadn't shown up, nad they said it hadn't even shipped yet, and they didn't know when it would. I raised a ruckus and they dispatched a tech. Tech is there right now, I had meetings and couldn't make it so i was relaying through the wife. He put another pace in, and i asked her to ask about the bgw210 because if the firmware updated on the new pace to November 10th, we would be back in the same boat. Luckily he had a 210, and it's being installed now so hopefully i can get things all tidied up when i get home from work.

Kudos: 42
Solutions: 6

I had a tech come out and swap it out. Shipping it wasn’t going to work out.

USG Pro
1 Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus
16-POE-150w
3. 8-POE-60
2 UAP-AC-HD's

Well if I dont get it in the 3 days like she said I will be putting in another call for a tech to come out. I am honestly blown away that they havent rolled back the firmware or updated it on the Pace. I will also be asking for a couple weeks of credits on my bill. 

Good luck on a credit, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. They also tried telling me that with the tech coming out, if they discover the issue isn't on the ATT side, i could be charged.

I said, well no i don't agree to that, your technician on Friday agreed you all pushed a bad firmware, it is in the case notes, i shouldn't see a single bill regardless until the router is replaced."

So far he put in the 210, but also said my fiber box on the side of the house is the "old one" and needs to be replaced. i'm hgeading home to make sure nothing else gets messed up.

When i pushed for a credit, the best they did was offer to send a tech out, another reason i went ahead and did it. i didn't want to wait for their distribution department to come back from vacation in another week or even more. 

BGW210 installed and all is well again. I didn't get home in time to try it out before he flipped out the fiber box outside, but in or out of DMZ my speeds are back to normal. I was really glad he didn't replace the outside box and then put the pace back in, would've added probably another hour or two to my service call. Unifi gear al;l back in and i'm a happy kitten again.

Glad to see that this information has helped a bunch of people. Still no official reasoning or details that I've found on what "broke" in latest Pace update, but at least AT&T is making it easy to switch to another router which doesn't have issues.

Kudos: 6

Yep I've been in the same boat sence the 12th also. 45 down/100 up on a fiber connection. I've been going nut because I called AT&T right away (13th) and they said no issues with their equipment. Maybe they didn't know yet. Tonight when I called them the guy told me yep firmware on 12th was upgraded (downgraded). 

They will not be able to come out till Nov 28th! Not happy about this and will be getting a month credit when alls said and done. They refused to just ship me one. Might be going Verizon Fiber very soon asI have both fibers running past my house. 

I have been up Ubiquiti's ass over this and it's not there fault. 

I'd offer to ship you the one that managed to ship last night, after the technician already took care of me... SMH silly AT&T. I think they'd charge me for the RG though lol. 

Idiots sent me the same Pace modem. Holy smokes I asked 5 times for her to confirm the model of modem she was sending. Time for a call again.