Kudos: 3

USG behind firewall - use in transparent mode

Hi,

I have been reading for hours on if / how to use the USG in transparent mode, i.e. no NAT and only used for logging and info. 

What I have read spans several years and firmware versions so I just wonder what is the *current* cookbook to setup the USG in a scenario like this?

I want to monitor TWO different subnets a behind the firewall, so basically I want WAN1 > transparent to > LAN1 and WAN2 > transparent to > LAN2 while WAN1/LAN1 and WAN2/LAN2 should be isolated from each other.

Thanks a lot for comments and advice on this.

regards Tor

Kudos: 3

Re: USG behind firewall - use in transparent mode

Bump

- is this not possible…?
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 5

I am afraid it is not possible yet.

Brooklyn Red Hook church wifi, 50/25 mbps, USG 3P, 2xAC-PRO (wire) + 3xAC-LR (wire) + 1xAC-Lite (wire) + 2xAC-LR (wireless uplink)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

We are on the brink of replacing our Cisco L3 router/switch and I would really like this as well.  It has been in the "pipeline" for a while now, but never seems to make it to production.  

If you search around, you can find some hacks that kinda accomplish it in a vague way.  I tried them all and they don't work quite right.  I pre-ordered the xg-gateway (hoping this was something already available), and was trying to accomplish the workaround on our sandbox sg-pro model.  

No luck so far.  Plus this really needs to be a supported software feature.  Because if is always going to be some CLI hack, it will likely be wiped every firmware upgrade.