Kudos: 195
Solutions: 28

Re: USG claims it cannot talk to the internet / throughput and latency are orange in the controller

@mylesm wrote:
Its ok I found the default folder and done as you said extracted file to it and it works great will that be lost if i upgrade firmware etc

Thanks Again all the Dashboard Dials are Black and Shields up shows true Stealth

It will stay as long as the file stays in the folder. Man Very Happy

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 1

Re: USG claims it cannot talk to the internet / throughput and latency are orange in the controller

@ilkevinli wrote:

If you want to drop the ICMP but NOT have the dials be orange, you have to create a config.properties file and add the below command to it. That will drop the ICMP and keep the dials active.

config.firewall.internet.local.icmp=false

Same problem disable ICMP to WAN Local causes dials to go orange.

The fix above doesn't seem to reslove it for me, on V 5.4.11

Anyone know if this option still works in 5.4.11?

@Uksa007 wrote:

@ilkevinli wrote:

If you want to drop the ICMP but NOT have the dials be orange, you have to create a config.properties file and add the below command to it. That will drop the ICMP and keep the dials active.

config.firewall.internet.local.icmp=false

Same problem disable ICMP to WAN Local causes dials to go orange.

The fix above doesn't seem to reslove it for me, on V 5.4.11

Anyone know if this option still works in 5.4.11?

Yes it does. Download  and use the file I attached to the post above.

Emerging Member

@ilkevinli wrote:

Hi, 

I have used the file above, and put it in C:\User\Username\Ubiquiti UniFi\data\sites\default\

I have made the USG Provision by changing something.

Still orange dials, not sure what else I should i do?

Have you tested it and confirmed it working in 5.4.11?

Regards

@Uksa007 wrote:

@ilkevinli wrote:

Hi, 

I have used the file above, and put it in C:\User\Username\Ubiquiti UniFi\data\sites\default\

I have made the USG Provision by changing something.

Still orange dials, not sure what else I should i do?

Have you tested it and confirmed it working in 5.4.11?

Regards

Wow. Strange. You put it in the corrrect folder. Did you create a firewall rule to block ICMP ? If you did, you need to delete it.

Emerging Member

@ilkevinli wrote:
Wow. Strange. You put it in the corrrect folder. Did you create a firewall rule to block ICMP ? If you did, you need to delete it.

Yes I created a block ICMP rule Wan Local/

I know I could delete it, but that defeats the purpose of the this thread.

It's poor security practice to have ICMP enabled on your external IP and I would like it disabled.

[ Edited ]

@Uksa007 wrote:

@ilkevinli wrote:

Yes I created a block ICMP rule Wan Local/

I know I could delete it, but that defeats the purpose of the this thread.

It's poor security practice to have ICMP enabled on your external IP and I would like it disabled.

Delete it the firewall rule and leave the file. That file does the same thing. 

Kudos: 4

[ Edited ]

Have you restarted controller and provisioned USG I still have rule in Firewall just switched it off but also put the file attached in default folder and Dials are now black