USG issues - WAN network light stays on all the time, even without a network connection?

Hi, I have been looking around and couldn't find a response to a similar issue on the site so here it goes.

I had decided to my crappy router with a USG and some UAP's to finally tackle some bad network issues.

I now have the equipment, but it is giving me considerable issues. I had one UAP working, connected to the existing set-up without issues. I'm now trying to set-up the USG, but am failing misserably. I'm trying to get it set-up/working without a cloud key.

I use the latest version of the controller software (just downloaded it) and it will not adopt any of the equipment. I have had all the parts reset using the buttons.

I'll try to gather some firmware numbers etc. but one thing that really puzzles me is that the green light of the WAN port remains on at all times. Is Mu USG faulty or could there be a logic for this?

Thanks, Rene

Re: USG issues - WAN network light stays on all the time, even without a network connection?

Unifi set-up.JPG

Re: USG issues - WAN network light stays on all the time, even without a network connection?

Above is in a test set-up with the USG LAN and the two UAP's and a computer connected to a hub, all hardwired.

Kudos: 106
Solutions: 42

[ Edited ]
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3794
Solutions: 300

I'm guessing maybe you're looking at the wrong port. The console port has a green LED on it at all times. That's a serial console, not an Ethernet port. 

Hi Cempa, followed that, but get stuck in where there's no adoption happening.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I hope the attached photo clarifies better.

Unifi USG .JPG

Got the UAP's now fully working, great stuff. USG I think requires a repair. Still hope to get a response from UBNT staff or other helpful soul if there's an other way... Best, Rene

Kudos: 49
Solutions: 6

I have had failed USG's that do this but I have also had units that would get a bad config from the controller and crap themselves. Adoption would also be an issue as a warning sign. 

A quick test is to replace, if another unit works, golden, if not, look closer at config and controller (My controller issues were using the Windblows client on a server, not a CK for which I have now gone back to). I know spending more $$$ is not keen but you do have the cheaper of the units. 

I'm now trying with the second port (VOIP) as WAN2 to get something working. Strangely enough I can give it a name, but cant upgrade it. Anything I try it shows disconnected now. I see normal fashing of the light on that port, so something seems to work. Probably not patient enough :-)

Don't want to reset the unit again as I would need to again set the second WAN port....

Brgds, Rene

Nothing worked. The controller program sees the unit, software version etc, but upgrading, adopting or anything else doesn’t work.

Guess it is bricked, I’ll call it in.

Cheers, René