Kudos: 1

USG pro 4 have some UPnP and NAT issues?

Hey Guys,

I’m planing to use a USG pro 4 to replace my home WiFi router as a new router+firewall unit. After I did some research, I find out there are some question around NAT and UPnP about this device. 

If I need to run some mutilplayer games or access my NAS from outside internet,even install some third party IP NVR and IP camera , Am I going to have trouble with NAT? Like getting Moderate or Strict NAT status in game? Is USG Pro 4 can provide Open NAT status network? And cli Is my dead point... never touch it before.

Best regards

Kudos: 99
Solutions: 17

Re: USG pro 4 have some UPnP and NAT issues?

Hey @bevin5757,

Welcome. Man Happy Curious question... Why are you looking at the USG Pro 4? Have you looked at the AmpliFi product lineup?

https://amplifi.com

--

Klint

Primary Innovator at Sprocket Technology
UEWA | Contributor to Easy UBNTUFW Lockdown, Companion API | Host on Vultr
Kudos: 1

Thank you for reply.

Amplifi Line is kind not enough for my network environment. I have a 4 storey building with concrete wall need to apply network. I probably will use some UAP to achieve that.

So I will get some NAT and Upnp trouble with USG Pro4?

Highlighted
Kudos: 99
Solutions: 17

The UPnP options in the controller are very nice, you can enable/disable UPnP for specific networks if you want. See here:

https://demo.ubnt.com/manage/site/default/settings/services/upnp

I've not experienced any issues with UPnP.

You probably want to get a Cloud Key if you don't have any CLI experience. Also, sounds like you'll probably need more than one UAP. Man Wink

--

Klint

Primary Innovator at Sprocket Technology
UEWA | Contributor to Easy UBNTUFW Lockdown, Companion API | Host on Vultr