Kudos: 1

USG pro dual wan question

I'm looking to make a purchase on the USG Pro-4 to replace a cisco rv042.

We're currently using dual wan not as failover.

The Rv042 allows us bind specific traffic to a specific interface, either by port of the traffic, or on a per client IP, or subnet. 

Most user traffic is going out wan1, we have some users who watch our survelience footage, that goes out wan2, offsite backups go wan2, wifi users go wan2, users who stream a lot of music or use a lot of traffic go out wan2.

Does the USG  Pro give this level of control ?

Kudos: 64
Solutions: 3

Re: USG pro dual wan question

I don't believe it does, at lesat in the UI, you might be able to do soemthing with the CLI or json.  I have Dual Wan, and the only options appear to be "Failover" and "Weighted Load Balance (percent)" and VLAN ID, but it's not clear what this does.  If it fowards this VLAN only to this WAN, then perhaps you could use this.  Maybe I'll try that sometime.

WAN2.JPG

Highlighted

I could probably make the Vlan option work...

Assuming it does what one would think it does...

Probably the better way to go about it, the RV042 only supports 5 vlans, which is one of the reasons we need to move on from it.

Kudos: 64
Solutions: 3

I tried this last night.  I don't think it has any affect on the traffic distribution, but likely only sends traffice on WAN2 with the VLAN tag you select (can't find any detail in the documentation), because I placed one PC on a port with this VLAN, tagged WAN2, and started runing speed tests, but got no additional traffic counters on WAN2.

Well thank you for testing!

Sounds like the EdgeRouter is probably the better choice for what I'm trying to accomplish.