Kudos: 54
Solutions: 4

Re: USG restart by starting some video

Controller ist now 4.6.3. and now i will see if it is working great. I'll let know if the problem comes back.

Cheers,

Dieter

Hello,

new Controller version 4.6.3. , but the same problem is coming back same time, same video. I'll post the Sreenshoots here.

I'ff I unterstand right it should be fixed in this version? But it isn't. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_2015-04-01-06-22-54.pngScreenshot_2015-04-01-06-30-09.png

I did the following SSH:

configure
set system offload ipv4 pppoe disable
set system offload ipv4 vlan disable 
set system offload ipv4 forwarding disable
set system offload ipv6 vlan disable 
set system offload ipv6 forwarding disable
commit;save;exit

Than i test again and all was working great. What is that. Please help me again.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Dieter

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 15873
Solutions: 606
Contributions: 20

[ Edited ]

Honestly, yesterday I noticed that YouTube was causing my USG to restart again. It's like something to do with hardware acceleration doesn't like HTML5 video on their site. And I'm guessing there was some update or change on their side that triggered it as my USG firmware hadn't changed. Other streaming sites seem fine (twitch and ustream, didn't test others).

Do you find the same thing happens just with YouTube? You should. If it doesn't happen on the first video, try changing a couple of times..

Anyway, I need to re-test this again today.. I'll report back a little later on.

Cheers,

Mike

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

So I can't duplicate this.. I made a couple videos, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I was using YouTube on my Windows laptop yesterday when I made the USG restart. So I used it first, but it didn't make the USG restart today.

I then had left it running and also loaded the site on my Linux laptop (Korora) at the same time, while connected via WiFi and serial (using minicom, to check for crash). Both running Chrome. USG still didn't crash.

I realize I didn't take a screenshot of the firmware in my videos, so I'll take one now.. Screenshot attached. I'll upload a couple videos shortly, and you can tell me if I'm testing this wrong or not.

Cheers,

Mike

Screenshot from 2015-04-01 12:31:50.png
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

The MS Windows video is flagged for copyright and taking forever ot remove the song, so I just deleted it. This is the video from another laptop. Both are on the same AP, both are on the QNAP page, playing the same video.. As you can see, I'm tailing the messages file from minicom, no crash (it would show in the video). 

Cheers,

Mike

ADDITION: if you have a console cable handy, we would be able to capture the crash (assuming it does crash for you).

Now i have got the crash, i'll send you via email. thanks for help

Cheers,

Dieter

Previous Employee
Kudos: 690
Solutions: 95
Contributions: 1

Previous Employee
Kudos: 41
Solutions: 10

@oe7dkt Can you send me the controller support info file?  I think that this is caused by the kernel module did not reconginze the packet header format under some combinations.

@UBNT-Pio please let my know you email adress and ill send it to you. Thank you.

Cheers,

Dieter

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

For anyone that reads this, the firmware with the fix for this is included in controller version 4.6.6. It provides stable operation while leaving hardware offload enabled.

Cheers,

Mike

EDIT: currently the controller is in soaking status (near stable), so it's only avilable in the beta section. If you can't access the above post please see THIS KB article.