Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 1

USG suddenly showing as Disconnected, no changes made

USG firmware:  4.4.28.5118795

Controller (local, MacOS):  5.8.28

All has been working fine since the USG was updated to latest firmware as above until today.  Went to look for some information on a client device and found no clients showing.  Ultimately noticed the USG showing as Disconnected.

All devices on the network seem to be working fine despite this.  I've tried restarting the controller to no avail.

From other similar posts in the forum, I've ssh'd in and run 'info' with following output:

Model:       UniFi-Gateway-3

Version:     4.4.28.5118795

MAC Address: fc:ec:da:d3:13:bc

IP Address:  {removed - shows my ISP fixed IP}

Hostname:    USG

Uptime:      424195 seconds

What's the best course of action?

Thanks

Kudos: 10

Re: USG suddenly showing as Disconnected, no changes made

I ran into this same problem just last night when I switched my home ubnt devices over to my beta 5.9.24 controller. Even though my USG had a blue led and everything on the network worked correctly it showed up in the controller as disconnected. If I rebooted the USG it would show up briefly and then after several minutes show as disconnected. However I did noticed that I had the yellow explanation mark showing which represents a STUN issue just before it disappered. So a quick google search found this article https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015457668-UniFi-Troubleshooting-STUN-Communication-Errors and after following those directions and a reboot of the USG to force a reprovision all worked fine after that. I hope this helps you too. 

Thanks for the response.  Power-cycling the USG seems to have resolved things for now.  I'm not showing the warning you've noted, so possibly a different cause in this case (and I have only the USG at this time).

Slighlty concerned that this is related to the firmware upgrade, but will monitor.

Same issue remains even after updating to 5.8.30 firmware (Stable).

Established Member
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 37

Check out the 4.4.28 firmware thread. It seems it might have an issue or two. 

Has anyone tried downgrading the firmware? Is it simple to do whilst the USG remains accessible?

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 3

I'm experiencing this same issue with two different USG3s on 4.4.28. Rebooting the USG seems to resolve the issue temporarily, but it will show as Disconnected again after a few hours and then show "Inform Error" as the status.

Established Member
Kudos: 732
Solutions: 214

@cconover wrote:

I'm experiencing this same issue with two different USG3s on 4.4.28. Rebooting the USG seems to resolve the issue temporarily, but it will show as Disconnected again after a few hours and then show "Inform Error" as the status.

Does this apply to you?

Note: Those on 5.8.x or 5.9.x controller versions should upgrade to 5.8.29, 5.9.26, or newer

The other issue is if you are using the automatic speed test or IPS/IDS it can cause MCAD to crash, there is a fix in testing;

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching-Beta/Speed-test-fix-available-for-testing/m-p/...

If you can not access that post you will need to enable "Early Access" on your account.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Early-Access

Established Member
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 37

@TCOA wrote:

@cconover wrote:

Does this apply to you?

Note: Those on 5.8.x or 5.9.x controller versions should upgrade to 5.8.29, 5.9.26, or newer

The other issue is if you are using the automatic speed test or IPS/IDS it can cause MCAD to crash, there is a fix in testing;

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching-Beta/Speed-test-fix-available-for-testing/m-p/...

If you can not access that post you will need to enable "Early Access" on your account.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Early-Access

This pretty much defines the mess that is the 4.4.28 release. The STABLE firmware release required the users to be running a Beta controller for it not to be a bit of a disaster. Yes, they released 5.8.30 but only AFTER 4.4.28 made it into the Repo. 5.8.30 currently still isn’t showing up for me in the Repo so anyone on automatic firmware updates automatically got screwed by the system. 

This is pretty fundamental stuff. 

Kudos: 6

This happened to me as well on three USGs shortly/immediately after upgrading to 4.4.28.5118795.  In two cases, rebooting the USG once seemed to resolve it.  In another case, I have had to reboot it twice.  I have tried disabling periodic speed tests at that site and will plan to report back if that is ineffective.

It has now happened on 3 USGs for us as well.

Interestingly, they are all the older hardware version that listed VOIP for the second port. The newer WAN2 units upgrade without an issue.

Now that you mention it, this is true for me as well.

I'm running into this as well running 4.4.28.5118795.  Any ideas on how to resolve?

I never had to do anything apart from reboot once or twice, and it stopped.

Im on version 4.4.36 with the same issue.