Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

USG3 config and Android App

[ Edited ]

When I access the config settings for my USG through my Android app, everything is blank and not populated with what is actually configured. Is this a known bug from when UBNT moved the USG config to the settings in the controller versus directly through the USG itself?

If I change settings through the app will it be properly reflected in the controller?

My specific issue is for the WAN 1 settings and making the change through the App.

Screenshot_20181206-095554.jpg

Established Member
Kudos: 182
Solutions: 51

Re: USG3 config and Android App

@mejifair wrote:

Is this a known bug from when UBNT moved the USG config to the settings in the controller versus directly through the USG itself?

When were the configs for the USG done directly on the USG? As far as I know the controller has ALWAYS been required. This is the main difference between the Unifi line and the Edge line.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

Re: USG3 config and Android App

I probably didn't say that quite right.

In the past, the setting for the USG were contained in the "config" tab directly in the USG through the Unifi web GUI. When they were embedded in the USG config they populated correctly in the Android App.

But when they moved the USG configurations to the settings versus directly through accessing the USG config, they non longer populate in the Android App.

So I was theorizing that this change is what is causing them to not show correct in the app, and as a result brings up the question about whether any changes made through the app will properly priovison to the USG.

Sorry that wasn't clear.