Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 1

USW-24-500W died in service

About an hour or so ago we had one of our network segments just randomly go down.  The culprit is one of our 24port Unifi switches.  It just disconnected itself from the controller and took two UAP's with it.  We were still able to ping the switch, however attempts to SSH into it will just time out.  I did manage to ssh into it once but it soon after last connection.  I have tried using the Chrome discovery tool to adopt it and have had no luck.  Not sure what I can do with it at this point as I have no way to get into it and no way to adopt it anymore.  This model does have a console port.  My question is, do they actually work now?  If so how would I get into it?

Kudos: 70
Solutions: 9

Re: USW-24-500W died in service

@murphCCC does it power on at all? How is the switch uplinked to the rest of the network? Were the UAPs powered while the switch is not reachable from the controller?  @UBNT-schmid

Can you make a console connection?

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Re: USW-24-500W died in service

@gmartineIt does power on and I can ping it.  If I do an nmap scan it shows that port 22 is open.  If I plug it into the network it does pick up an IP address from DHCP.  If I plug into the switch while it is connected to the network, I can ping 8.8.8.8 however I cannot ping hostnames, nor can I connect to the internet.  It was plugged up directly to our core switch when it was in use.  I have moved it into my office now to try and get it back up.  I believe the UAP's were still being powered through the switch but im not 100% sure.  I have factory reset it several times.  We are pretty much all mac here so it would be a little tricky to connect to console but