Re: UniFi Cloud Key firmware 0.12.0 has been released

Ok. i upgraded the cloudkey to v12.0 ( it was 11.20) and it also upgraded the base controller from 5.8.30 to 5.9.29.

Both upgrades were succesful, but now only my USG was connected. 2 switches and 1 ap were constantly in adapting state. Even with a factory reset i could not adopt the devices in the controller.

When i did a manualy upgrade from ssh in the device, i could connect it back to the controller... Strange.

Anybody else has this problem?

[ Edited ]

I did the update an hour ago and ive notice the Dashboard looks completly diffrent (like its the AP dashboard rather then a LAN dashboard). Also the statistic page just show wirless statistics unless i chose the POE-Switch on the dropdown, then its just a few graphs over clients (see the first screen below), not the old page with my total statistics. (it went from a few TB of data to 17kb of data to display, second screen).

I will roll back my update unless anyone have solved this? it seems to be my only option unless im completly oblivios.
Simple restarts of the devices and/or disconnect the AP completly dosent change anything. I also get the same dashboard and stats when logging in to the online cloudkey https://unifi.ubnt.com

edit: should add that im connected with a PC on LAN (wired) to the switch, the AP is completly disconnected for now.
edit2: yes, i connect to the cloudkey specific IP localy

edit3: after some great support/chat with Tyler V in the livechat it seems this is intentional and still under devlopment. The regular LAN/WAN overview has disapeared and you dont see Wired Clients anymore, it mainly shows AP and Wirless clients and data for. No rates regarding the switch and wired clients are displayed as "main" (on below screenshoot you see the in/out datarates on AP point but nothing on the Switch. Wirless is the new "main" and stats related to it. i will roll back and update at a later stage.
thanks

snip_20181007004257.pngsnip_20181007004406.png

Kudos: 1017
Solutions: 283

[ Edited ]

Click on the ‘+’ next to WiFi metrics. Then you can create additional customized dashboards from widgets, with all the info you want. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

@hitem at the dashboard klick on the "+" next to WiFi Metrics and design your own dashboard with all the Informations you like to see.

[ Edited ]

Thanks guys, Perhaps more customization will come!
Ie: When you click "Clients WIFI" on the new dashboard you come to "Client" tab (with the pre selected filtering you have under clients  (All, Wired, Wirless)), could it maybe point toward Wirless always? And i would love one of those grafic overview for "Clients WIRED" next to switches to (with the preset 'Wired' pre-selected). And i notice the "device distrubution"-widget has some faulty links (only clickable outside the tags in firefox). Anyhow, i will leave that information in the feedbackthread.

Edit: On dashboard, it should look something like the topology (Screen below), but atm its just a straight line showing details about wireless and just smashing the wired/devices together. Split out the wired once from the devices/switch on dashboard and include the data as you do for wireless and the linkage mentioned above and we are starting to get somewhere Man Happy

snip_20181016181759.png
The help was much appriciated!

Kudos: 3

Hrmm.. last night the gateway disconnected.. woke up to no AP’s (dhcp lease expired) 

didnt have  a console on the gateway this time to catch why..

Kudos: 562

when are the UniFi CloudKey Gen2 Plus going to start getting these upgrades? our controller version is way behind!

Kudos: 73

Worst FW i ever installed

Emerging Member
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 1

Why. Mine have been running without issue since I updated 4 days ago. 

I am still working on getting used to the New UI though. 

Regards, 

Michael Lund Milo

USG 3P - USW-8-60W - USW-8-150W - 2 x UAP-AC-Pro - Cloud Key
Emerging Member
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 3

I don't understand the new UI.  Is there a configuation guide for the new UI?  Is there a way to revert back to the old UI withour downgrading the firmware?

DO NOT INSTALL IT...!!!!

I upgraded new cloud key firmware to 0.12.0 then also fw in USG and UAP AC PRO...

in several hours i lost USG .. 

First it was recognized as disconnected. then after several cloud key restarts just disappeared from controller. currently i am abroad i have no control over USG... support can do nothing. 

Log server has lot of logs that USG try contact correct inform url without success.

AC PRO access point also had several issues... firstly disconnected that after severals cloud key restarts tried to automativcally readopt with success. 

USG did not have this amount of luck.. 

Why i upgraded to this version .... ach.

Kudos: 7

[ Edited ]

Upgrade to the new firmware was successful. No major issues with the upgrade process itself.

I am not a big fan of the singlular focus on the Wireless traffic at the expense of removing the Wired traffic.

You should at least have a pre-configured dashboard available to change between if clients aren't focused on Wireless traffic.

My home network will always have more Wired switch traffic than Wireless from my phone and work laptop.

Also the history of the traffic stats Upload and Download appear to be backwards, as mentioned in a previous post that included the screenshot. The blue and purple values appear to be reversed.

And now the internet traffic stats on the dashboard are so tiny they are basically useless without actually looking at the history screen. I cannot tell from tiny micro dots in a widget if my connection dropped out like could in the previous version.

My main issue at the moment is the WAN eth2 port on my USG-Pro that reports Link Down in the logs. That's what I need to be able to see at a glance.

The new UI is nice, but it's taking focus away from areas that I need to look at.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 20

@ardrigh +1 for pretty much everything you have said.

I, too, try to keep wifi for those devices which really need to be mobile, or which don't have a wired connection anywhere near. Consequently, 75% of my devices are wired. So it is pretty poor that this has been de-emphasised in the current "release".

I'm OK with such a major regression in functionality appearing over in a Beta release, but this isn't a Beta release, it's on the main track and, as such, likely to be used by an increased number of people who don't want to "experiment".

Kudos: 6

Wish I never upgraded as I do not like the new dashboard at all.

Small issue with the latest firmware 0.12.0 and 5.9.29, the little information (i) don'talways bring up any information, a lot of them are working but not all of them.

Capture.PNG

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

New dashboard will take some getting used to.  It's ugly as sin, for sure.  The inability to change to a dark theme is also unfortunate.  This white bright horrible contrast view is terrible for the eyes.  Definately didn't have anyone with UX experience on the design team.  LOL..

Like ability to add widgets, perhaps some documentation on that would be a step forward.  Leaving us to figure that $hit out isn't helpful.  

Agree with prior comments as well.  focusing on wifi metrics is silly.  I'd much prefer wired dashboard!  

If anyone is creating custom dashboards, lets get a share going for us all.   

Kudos: 143

I was successful on downgrading the USG (stuck at provision, which seemed to be DPI related) and the cloudkey. Now running fine again.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 11

Has not gone well for me at all, CC seems to be more or less bricked.

Died during automatic upgrade today via the web interface, never came back up.

Controller will not start on it so no local connection or web connection available.

Rebooting does nothing.

Currently SSH'd into the unit and will attempt a manual update to the newest version to see if it sorts it.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

[ Edited ]

@Dimebag if it does not come up after your manual update i suggest to ssh to the Cloud Key and then do the following commands to repair the database.

service unifi stop 
mongod --repair --dbpath /srv/unifi/data/db 
service unifi start