Emerging Member
Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi Cloud Key firmware 0.12.0 has been released

Giving it a go buddy thanks for the tip.

If this doesn't work I've just manually grabbed the files off the key with WinSCP as the auto repair process just sat and hung.

CCDead2.png

Been this way since my last message, must be over 10 minutes now.

Kudos: 3

We are managing 39 sites and upgrade of 5.9.29 and 0.12 broke many of our sites.

We are now unable to connect to multiple sites and more site are adding every day. This is unacceptable. I now fear that all our site will be down by the end of the week.

We are seeing the key as ONLINE but when connecting, there's a timeout error.

@UBNT-MikeD

2018-10-16_09h33_45.png

Kudos: 12

We had similar issues @Immo-JCBL although the ones that were online we could log into. But we had multiple sites that disappeared completely then reappear throughout the day. Only 5.9.29 sites were affected. Also noticed after upgrade some sites would loose their cloud settings, they were wiped out. We had to re-enter our cloud credentials to connect to our UniFi account. Fortunately one was at my house so I did not have to travel far to get local access. Also duplicate sites would be listed in the cloud controller (one offline with previous firmware and one online with 5.9.29). I was reluctant to but eventually "forgot" the old site. It hasn't seemed to affect the new site...yet... 

Needless to say we stopped updating any further sites until these issues get resolved.

@UBNT-MikeD I would hope UBNT has a fix coming soon? Also I'm surprised these types of issues weren't noticed and corrected while in Beta or launch postponed if they were but not fixed prior? I forgot to play it safe and install on our company cloud key and home cloud key first before deploying to our customers. Lesson learned.  

I saw a similar timeout and failed connection after the update, when connecting remotely, though local connection was fine.  Was able to ssh to the cloud key and reboot it, then the remote connection started working again.

After that, the CK ran okay for a couple days, then stopped recording traffic statistics (still plenty of space on the card).  Another reboot and it started recording traffic statistic again.

All in all, does not feel stable enough. 

I'm considering rolling back, but since I assume that would mean reverting to my old config I will lose a day or so of config work at this new site.  Bleah.

[ Edited ]

I made some progress solving my issues remotely using the Unifi iOS App. I noticed that the additional 'ghosted' controller entries, the ones that are anonymous, "needing update" and without controller version numbers, will connect successfully (contrary to the same entries at https://unifi.ubnt.com, which will not connect).

Still in the App, I then chose Settings -> Maintenance -> Restart Cloud Key, which seemed to correct the controller registration and fix the issues. I did this for each ghosted controller entry. I was then able to launch the controller from the web portal again as well.

To be sure, I also repaired the MongoDB on the Cloud Key though an SSH connection that you can initiate from the terminal window of a Unifi switch. See the instructions from @RIA-Wieckhorst on page 2 of this thread.

I hope that the way I was able to fix the issue may also help others.

A reboot seems to fix some of the issues on problematic CK. The problem is since the controller dashboard didn't show the last recorded WAN IP, we cannot SSH to all our site since we don't keep an inventory of the WAN IP.

This would be a very nice addition to the controller dashboard and would help when those kinds of situation arise.

2018-10-14_10h10_49.png

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23

@Immo-JCBL if you have a USG per site you could simply add a dynamic dns service per site, so you only need to remember the dns names instead of WAN IPs

I recently updated firmware on the CK to 0.12, as well as my USG to 4.4.29 and AP/switches to 3.9.54. The controller was also updated to 5.9.29 in the process. Ever since then the network has been crashing consistently a couple times a day, to the point of needing to hard reboot the USG. This is happening on two sites with the exact same hardware and firmware. I've never had this kind of problem with Unifi gear and it's really unfortunate.

Wish I knew how to diagnose the cause of the problem so I could rollback the offending software.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

Well I guess is my turn to complain Man Sad  Everything working fine including the internet but the USG shows disconected ???  What gives? I am accessing it remotely right now :-)

USG-1.JPG

USG.JPG

After reading several other forum posts, it seems the issue is with the USG 4.4.29 firmware. I rolled it back to 4.4.22 and my problems seem to be gone. I’m going on 16 hours uptime after crashes every several hours before the rollback. 

Kudos: 21

[ Edited ]

Same issues here, and previous poster may be right about the USG firmware being at least partly to blame here. I upgraded one of my USG-Pro-4 to 4.4.29 and lost connection. Every few minutes it would allow me to connect to the controller before it went down again. I had to call and have somebody on site reset it for me and I was able to ssh in and downgrade.

Once the newest controller/firmware came out I decided to update everything again and give it a try. It worked ok for a few days and now I'm unable to connect to the site via cloud and even locally it loads but refuses to accept my login with error:
Login error
There was an error making that request. Please try again later.

After logging in via ssh and rebooting the cloudkey. It shows offline on the cloud but locally I can go to Configure for Cloudkey and it allows me to login but if I try to click Manage and login to the controller I get: UniFi Controller is starting up...Please wait a moment. Needless to say it never starts up.

I have done nothing but complain about these products on here, and I'm waiting for ANY opportunity to give some praise but they just repeatedly release broken crap. The cloudkeys I have randomly corrupt themselves, they are on battery backup, they have never lost power. Of course they're already releasing a new cloudkey while the existing one remains broken and unreliable but they'll happily keep selling them to unsuspecting customers.

CloudKey (2): 0.12.0 / Controller: 5.9.29
USG-Pro-4 (2): 4.4.29
US-48-500 (3): 3.9.54
UAP-AC-Pro (50): 3.9.54.9373
UAP-AC-IW (2): 3.9.54.9373

Kudos: 6

Guys to UBNT please add the ability to have black theme in all the system... we will go blind here with this all white thing... only in settings there is the dark theme... i really need it because the white is too tiresome... pleaseeeeee.

CloudKey (1): 0.12.0.29a26c9.181001.1444 / Controller: 5.9.29-11384-1
UniFi USG(1): 4.4.29.5124210
US‑8‑60W (10): 3.9.54.9373
UniFi AP-AC-Pro (5): 3.9.54.9373
NanoBeam 5AC 19(2): XC.v8.5.8

When they released the 4.28 we had the same problem. Result the enterpise totally blocked for 10 days and more than 22 000 dollars on our work that we never regrapped.
A real scandal

Since I no longer trust

[ Edited ]

Updated our Cloud Key 4 days ago and we haven't experienced any problems. Cloud access is working fine.

Our UAP AC Pros and US-16-150W have been running 3.9.54.9373 for several weeks; we were running Controller 5.8.30 prior to this update.

While the new dashboard is pretty elegant looking and the graphical controls being used are slick, it isn't very usable. The brightness of the mostly white page is hard on the eyes, but the biggest issue is that the contrast is too low on the on the top banner and the left menu bar. This is surely an accessibility issue for people with vision challenges. I am not personally affected by this, but I have managed software products where accessibility was a requirement. As you probably know, this is an issue when selling into government-funded organizations in the US and Canada (and many other countries).

Brockville Public Library, Brockville Canada (staff/public wired/wireless)
6x UAP-AC-PRO (soon 10) | US-16-150W
2x 24-port ancient Netgear switches (soon 2x US-24) | ERPro-8 (soon USG-Pro-4)
Kudos: 6

I dont have a problem with the usability of the update and all is working fine. I have a small installation of a cloud key, a USG3P, 10 x US-8-60W and 5 x Unifi APs. 

Its just that this total white thing is totally tiresome really and i stopped looking the whole system days now but today i found this  extension for chrome and firefox that is called Dark Reader and makes my life better for the moment.

UnifiDarkReader.jpg

CloudKey (1): 0.12.0.29a26c9.181001.1444 / Controller: 5.9.29-11384-1
UniFi USG(1): 4.4.29.5124210
US‑8‑60W (10): 3.9.54.9373
UniFi AP-AC-Pro (5): 3.9.54.9373
NanoBeam 5AC 19(2): XC.v8.5.8
Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

Glory be! Praises be upon you for the browser extension tip!

Kudos: 21

So far my backup has run fine. Things I believe may have caused the issue: RF Scan or Compacting database. I tried to do those things both times before I was unable to connect the next time I went in to do something.

RF Scan is completely broken. It never works it just hangs at 0% forever.

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

The first issues I had started with an RF scan. I think this is in fact what has caused us all to gather here. I did a pretty simple site - restore to prior to my RF scan and everything's working again. Needless to say, I just went to look at the insights panel to review the local channels being used and then manually changed my radio frequencies. So far the system is not crashing anymore, my users are on and the weird IP problems with the MacBook, Samsung Tv's and Android devices have stopped.

Now we need a bug fix release

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

[ Edited ]

OMG THANK YOU!  This new dashboard is HORRIBLE.  I wish they would revert!  This plugin at least makes it viewable without burning my retinas!

My CloudKey has been at firmware version 0.12.0 with Controller version 5.9.29 and my USG has been running 4.4.29 for over 30 days now without issue. The only problem I have noticed is the reversed colours on the ISP load history graph.