Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 15866
Solutions: 606
Contributions: 20

UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Stable has been released

Please see our release post HERE.

This release follows our staggered release structure which means it will initially be available via this blog post only. It will be posted to the download site and official repos in the near future. If you aren't familiar with our release structure, please take a moment to read our post HERE. Thanks!

Kudos: 29

Re: UniFi Network Controller 5.10.12 Stable has been released

[ Edited ]

I have upgraded tonight and no problems so far.  However, as with 5.9 the Cloud Controller Access is not working.  It's showing as connected and gives status on number of devices and clients at https://unifi.ubnt.com when I login but when I try to launch a site, any site, I get an error message of "Connect Failed" and a button that says "Go to Dashboard".

Is this something you all are aware of and working on a fix for?

Thanks.

Edit:  More info.  I have unifi installed locally and have connected to the cloud access portal from the Cloud Access section under settings in the controller.

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 20

@shinomen wrote:

I have upgraded tonight and no problems so far.  However, as with 5.9 the Cloud Controller Access is not working.  It's showing as connected and gives status on number of devices and clients at https://unifi.ubnt.com when I login but when I try to launch a site, any site, I get an error message of "Connect Failed" and a button that says "Go to Dashboard".

Thanks.

Edit:  More info.  I have unifi installed locally and have connected to the cloud access portal from the Cloud Access section under settings in the controller.

Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (e.g. Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library:

sudo rm /usr/lib/unifi/lib/native/Linux/armhf/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so
Emerging Member
Kudos: 26

Sorry for stupid question but... does “Linux/ARMv6” mean Linux on ARMv6 (that combination) or all Linux or ARMv6?

Kudos: 47
Solutions: 1

Upgraded 2 debian 9 installations from 5.9.29 to 5.10.12 without issues. 

I like the new view a lot (especially dark mode) and testing the new settings so far as well as bugfixes.

By when do you allow SMTP with STARTTLS on port 587? I doesn't work since years. UNMS and UVC Controller are able to handle this but not the Unifi Controller which get the most frequent updates....

regards

Dirk

Kudos: 2

- Add Network and Wi-Fi Performance Optimization feature.

Is there anymore information on how this actually works?

@wmsp_it wrote:

- Add Network and Wi-Fi Performance Optimization feature.

Is there anymore information on how this actually works?

From the Site settings page:

"Determines and sets these options for optimum performance:

• Connects high performance clients to 5 GHz only for all Wi-Fi Networks
  • Block multicast and broadcast traffic for high density Wi-Fi networks

When enabled this overrides any manually set values."

[ Edited ]

@jsookram wrote:

@shinomen wrote:

Thanks.

Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (e.g. Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library:

Sorry, I should have specified. I am running on Windows. I was running on Linux a few releases back and decided to take a backup and restore to a windows environment because I was not so great with Linux. It worked with the Cloud Controller Access after I had done this but when I upgraded to the new 5.9 release on Windows, it broke that functionality and still remains broken for me on this version.

Kudos: 1

Can someone explain to me how this software release cycle works with Unifi products?

I understand when there is new firmware or controller software it will eventually hit the "Beta Stage" where you must be signed up for "Early Access" in order to access said firmware/software. I never noticed this wording before, but I now see that Controller v5.10.12 is currently listed as "Stable", however, when I log into my Controller my USG-Pro-4 doesn't auto-detect that a new version is available for installation, if I wish to install it. If I go into Settings > Maintenance and manually ask the USG-Pro-4 to check if there are any new versions of Cloud Key Firmware or Controller Software I'm informed that there is nothing available and my devices are Up-To-Date.

Does this mean that available Unifi updates marked "Stable" have left Beta status and available to everyone as long as they don't mind manually downloading and installing from the command line? If I decide to wait patiently, does the software/firmware eventually pop up in the Controller GUI to be installed with the push of a button or two, like every other update I have performed thus far?

Are there any other "statuses" that I should be aware of?

Nice to see the emphasis on bug fixes and minor changes rather than new features.

+1 to stability

Kudos: 243
Solutions: 78

@shinomen wrote:

@jsookram wrote:

@shinomen wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry, I should have specified. I am running on Windows. I was running on Linux a few releases back and decided to take a backup and restore to a windows environment because I was not so great with Linux. It worked with the Cloud Controller Access after I had done this but when I upgraded to the new 5.9 release on Windows, it broke that functionality and still remains broken for me on this version.

Do you have both the x32 and x64 bit version of the Java JRE installed?

Cain Tech Solutions | Hosted UniFi/UNMS | Other Services | Service Eastern NC and more!

Highlighted
Kudos: 243
Solutions: 78

@ALB123 wrote:
Can someone explain to me how this software release cycle works with Unifi products?

I understand when there is new firmware or controller software it will eventually hit the "Beta Stage" where you must be signed up for "Early Access" in order to access said firmware/software. I never noticed this wording before, but I now see that Controller v5.10.12 is currently listed as "Stable", however, when I log into my Controller my USG-Pro-4 doesn't auto-detect that a new version is available for installation, if I wish to install it. If I go into Settings > Maintenance and manually ask the USG-Pro-4 to check if there are any new versions of Cloud Key Firmware or Controller Software I'm informed that there is nothing available and my devices are Up-To-Date.

Does this mean that available Unifi updates marked "Stable" have left Beta status and available to everyone as long as they don't mind manually downloading and installing from the command line? If I decide to wait patiently, does the software/firmware eventually pop up in the Controller GUI to be installed with the push of a button or two, like every other update I have performed thus far?

See the Pinned post for explanations on stable/stable candidate: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Notes-on-UniFi-releases-Stable-Candidate-Stabl...

5.10.12 is a controller update, not a USG update. There are no new USG firmware updates at this time. Keep in mind, device firmware updates and controller versions are not coupled together, and can (and frequently do) update independently of each other.

In general, once a controller release is "stable" its manual update only for a while, then it will be pushed to repos for updating via the gui or apt..

Note, how you installed/run the controller will effect what options you have. For example, controller on windows, mac, or manually installed on Linux? no autoupdate option. Controller installed on Linux via Repos?  Auto update will be available via the operating system apt udpate commands. Controller installed on Cloud Key? Autoupdate will be available via the controller webpage (as you have seen before) along with updates to the CloudKey firmware.

Cain Tech Solutions | Hosted UniFi/UNMS | Other Services | Service Eastern NC and more!

@cainmp wrote:

@shinomen wrote:

@jsookram wrote:

@shinomen wrote:

Thanks.

Do you have both the x32 and x64 bit version of the Java JRE installed?

Yes, I have Java 8 Update 191 (both 32bit and 64bit) installed.

Having the same issues as the OP.  Upgraded to 5.10.12 from 5.10.10 . Cloud access worked flawlessly in 5.10.10.  after the upgrade it shows 5.10.12 on unifi.ubnt.com and it shows all my devices, etc but when I launch the controller I get connection failed . Nothing changed on my end between 5.10.10 ND upgrading to 5.10.12.  all needed port forwarding for web access are setup.  Like I said it worked flawlessly in 5.10.10 . 

This is on Windows 10 pro, 64bit with both 32bit and 64 bit Java 8 installed .

Kudos: 19
Solutions: 5

[ Edited ]

No update showing in Cloud Key Gen 2+ version 5.10.5 I can do it from ssh but it is showing I am up to date in version 5.10.5 firmware 0.8.12.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 2

It is really difficult to follow all the comments to this topic about the stable release,

because this topic can be find on UniFi Wifi / UniFI Wifi Beta / UniFi Routing & Switching / UniFi Routing & Switching Beta.

I think it makes more sense to have one topic.

In the moment I have to check 4 different threads with the some topic in 4 sub boards.

Can the contents be consolidated into one thrread ?  

Best regards

Frank

Frank, it doesnt make much sense to have to go through 30+ pages to find someone posting / replying / talking about your issues either.   There is a reason people have made seperate posts.

Kudos: 4

Dark mode looks great, but doesn't seem to apply to the Sites Overview page when you pop it out to a new tab/window?

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 1.54.09 PM.png

Upgrade went fine from 5.9.29 on 2 controllers so far.

Kudos: 1

@cainmp wrote:

@ALB123 wrote:

See the Pinned post for explanations on stable/stable candidate: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Notes-on-UniFi-releases-Stable-Candidate-Stabl...

5.10.12 is a controller update, not a USG update. There are no new USG firmware updates at this time. Keep in mind, device firmware updates and controller versions are not coupled together, and can (and frequently do) update independently of each other.

In general, once a controller release is "stable" its manual update only for a while, then it will be pushed to repos for updating via the gui or apt..

Note, how you installed/run the controller will effect what options you have. For example, controller on windows, mac, or manually installed on Linux? no autoupdate option. Controller installed on Linux via Repos?  Auto update will be available via the operating system apt udpate commands. Controller installed on Cloud Key? Autoupdate will be available via the controller webpage (as you have seen before) along with updates to the CloudKey firmware.

Awesome.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I don't know why I was saying USG when I meant Controller.  I've been sick as a dog...I'm so out of it. ::thumbs up::

Yea, for some reason I keep getting USG and controller mixed up as well Man Sad

Don't worry about missing any updates The controller is good at identifying when a piece of hardware has a new firmware available. Just click on the device tab and it will tell you about any available updates.

It seems that UBNT likes to post new stable releases on the forum and in the download section of the site for several hours to a day for early adopters to try before they turn on the update controller nag that appears on the home page of the controller after awhile. (