Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14178
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

Please see our release post HERE.

*This release follows our usual release structure which means it will initially be available via this blog post only. It will be posted to the download site and official repos in the near future. If you aren't familiar with our release structure, please take a moment to read our post HERE. Thanks!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 17

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

So does this now officially make 5.9.x the new stable branch?

Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

What does Occams Razor tell you?Smiley Tongue

Emerging Member
Kudos: 17

Well played, well played... :-) but since when in the tech world has the simplest explanation been the correct one?

Yes, it seems obvious, but in this world of numerous x.y.z versions... just looking for someone from ubnt to confirm.... also will be interesting to see if 5.8 becomes the LTS or not.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14178
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@occamsrazor wrote:just looking for someone from ubnt to confirm.... also will be interesting to see if 5.8 becomes the LTS or not.

Yes, 5.9 replaces 5.8 as the stable branch, although it'll be a blog only release for the first few days. As for the next LTS release, that has yet to be determined. It'll be 5.6 until next month (November 2018).

Cheers,

Mike

Kudos: 2

Upgraded one controller from 5.8.30 and several sites had devices go to "disconnected". SSHing to them from connected switches showed their status as "Decrypt error" and they had lost their inform address.

set-inform has brought some back, but can't do that on sites with no online switch to open a terminal session from.

Kudos: 61
Solutions: 4

@ryanb_md wrote:

Upgraded one controller from 5.8.30 and several sites had devices go to "disconnected". SSHing to them from connected switches showed their status as "Decrypt error" and they had lost their inform address.

set-inform has brought some back, but can't do that on sites with no online switch to open a terminal session from.

I had same issue. Posted about several times here during beta. 5.8 to 5.9 breaks. Bumpy road.

Kudos: 7

[ Edited ]
Controller upgrade from 5.8.30 seems to be fine, although cloud access now seems to be broken. I've forgotten the controller online, clicked "disable and remove" cloud access on the controller, rebooted and tried to reconfigure - the cloud access status stays stuck at 'connecting' and online just shows a blank controller "Offline (needs update)". In addition, the iPhone app throws the following error: "Controllers with the same UUIDs - It seems that some of your cloud controllers share the same UUID. Direct and cloud access will not be merged until this issue is fixed." Not sure how this is possible as I've removed all references from the cloud portal prior to attempting to relink.
cloud_access_error.png
cloud_access_error_2.png
Kudos: 11

[ Edited ]

1. In the MAP - Topology - RX USAGE/TX USAGE seems didn't do anything. Nothing happen when I choose either of them or none of them. 

2. Where can I look up to see the logs of these problematic devices shown here? Can't find anything about it in Events nor Alerts.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 09.52.31.png

Would be nice if can directly click on the problematic title here and redirected to the related events.

EDIT:

3. The text is not displayed properly on Safari. It is fine on Firefox and Chrome.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.01.38.png

4. Scrolling in any page is sluggish on Safari too. Again fine on Firefox and Chrome. All 3 browsers tested on the same computer. The scrolling was fine on 5.8.30 with Safari.

[ Edited ]

A few issues to report.

1.) Needed to reset my USG before it would adopt after that no problem.

2.) Wifi Anomalies all have the same time stamp. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.48.25 AM.png

3.) ISP Load graph is not real-time and doesn't correlate to internet capacity

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.52.52 AM.png

4.) Topology shows some wireless clients directly attached to my USG.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.54.18 AM.png

5.) DPI dashboard was reset. Categories need to be manually re-enabled.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.57.10 AM.png

6.) Finally changing to setting switches back to old UI and design language. No a problem but jarring.

The network works fine so nothing critical, just cosmetic fixes I'm sure will be rolled out over time.

Established Member
Kudos: 381
Solutions: 14

2) That's normal, they are reported hourly

3) Have you set your Provider Capabilities in the Site settings?

5) Seen that when clearing cache or using a differnt browser. That seems to be saved locally in the browser.

Thanks,

Missed the site settings,  working now.

Kudos: 3

@davidaadams15 wrote:
Controller upgrade from 5.8.30 seems to be fine, although cloud access now seems to be broken. I've forgotten the controller online, clicked "disable and remove" cloud access on the controller, rebooted and tried to reconfigure - the cloud access status stays stuck at 'connecting' and online just shows a blank controller "Offline (needs update)". In addition, the iPhone app throws the following error: "Controllers with the same UUIDs - It seems that some of your cloud controllers share the same UUID. Direct and cloud access will not be merged until this issue is fixed." Not sure how this is possible as I've removed all references from the cloud portal prior to attempting to relink.

Same issue, any fix?

Kudos: 7

@outofmyelement wrote:

@davidaadams15 wrote:

Same issue, any fix?

Unfortunately, nothing yet. I can't get them to re-link properly, and letting it sit overnight didn't magically fix things.
Kudos: 3

@davidaadams15 wrote:

@outofmyelement wrote:

@davidaadams15 wrote:

Same issue, any fix?

Unfortunately, nothing yet. I can't get them to re-link properly, and letting it sit overnight didn't magically fix things.

I just allowed all through firewall for cloud key ip and now it works.  It would appear there have been port changes in the new cloud access integration.  looking at logs, I found port 8883 tcp has to be allowed for the controller to connect to cloud!

Kudos: 2

Hello,
I am the only one to have the traffic in the dashboard "Switching Summary" inaccuracy?

And no dark theme even after a cache reset.

unifi-5.9.29.jpg

@l0cut15 wrote:

A few issues to report.

1.) Needed to reset my USG before it would adopt after that no problem.

2.) Wifi Anomalies all have the same time stamp. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.48.25 AM.png

3.) ISP Load graph is not real-time and doesn't correlate to internet capacity

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.52.52 AM.png

4.) Topology shows some wireless clients directly attached to my USG.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.54.18 AM.png

5.) DPI dashboard was reset. Categories need to be manually re-enabled.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.57.10 AM.png

6.) Finally changing to setting switches back to old UI and design language. No a problem but jarring.

The network works fine so nothing critical, just cosmetic fixes I'm sure will be rolled out over time.

How can u manually re-enable the dpi dashboard? Cant find any setting about it...

In dutch language the ISP load graphic title says IPS load...

Kudos: 1

Where do you see that?

@jolcese wrote:

Where do you see that?

Upper left. The ISP graphic load.