Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

Missing Site-to-Site VPN connection status.  New dashboard has VPN widget, but it just reports Client VPN.

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem. But I’m not at home and will not be for a week. System and WiFi works but shows disconnected for some gear How to fix this without SSH into the switch?
USG 4G Pro - CloudKey - 1x US 16-150W - 2x US 8-150W - 3x UAP Pro AC - 1x UAP Mesh Pro AC - UVC G3 Micro’s - UVC Micro’s - UVC G3 Dome - NVR 2TB - Synology DS1618+ - Fibaro HC2 - Nvidia Shield Pro - Plenty of Mac stuff - Brother laser MFP
29E630FA-415E-4B44-A22F-65CB0DFF82C8.png

[ Edited ]

@outofmyelement wrote:

I just allowed all through firewall for cloud key ip and now it works.  It would appear there have been port changes in the new cloud access integration.  looking at logs, I found port 8883 tcp has to be allowed for the controller to connect to cloud!

I am having this issue as well. With the exception, mine shows in the controller it is connected to the cloud. I tried the "disable and remove" followed by re-authenticating. Everything locally seems to be working, but my controller no longer shows up in the list when I am logged into the cloud (unifi.ubnt.com). I still show the demo site. I have also tried rebooting the CK. I haven't tried opening TCP 8883 for the CK IP yet, but that will be next.

USG‑PRO‑4
US‑48
UAP‑AC‑PRO x 2

[ Edited ]

@davidaadams15 wrote:

@outofmyelement wrote:

@davidaadams15 wrote:
Controller upgrade from 5.8.30 seems to be fine, although cloud access now seems to be broken. I've forgotten the controller online, clicked "disable and remove" cloud access on the controller, rebooted and tried to reconfigure - the cloud access status stays stuck at 'connecting' and online just shows a blank controller "Offline (needs update)". In addition, the iPhone app throws the following error: "Controllers with the same UUIDs - It seems that some of your cloud controllers share the same UUID. Direct and cloud access will not be merged until this issue is fixed." Not sure how this is possible as I've removed all references from the cloud portal prior to attempting to relink.

Same issue, any fix?

Unfortunately, nothing yet. I can't get them to re-link properly, and letting it sit overnight didn't magically fix things.

I have the same Problem at 2 Sites of 4 where i applied the update... :-(

Direct after the update there where dublicated entries of the now failing cloud keys.

ubnt.jpg

I think i found a bug in the update to 5.9.29.  Did the update to CK firmware .12 which updated the controller to 5.9.29 and my USG was stuck in provisioning.  SSH into the USG, forced reboot, same thing.  I  believe this was because at one point iwe setup DPI with DPI RESTRICTIONS.  However, i turned off DPI some time ago.  According to the logs this was the problem.

Oct  5 21:47:11 FWTech01 mcad: ace_reporter.reporter_handle_response(): commit errors, {"DELETE": {"failure": "0", "success": "1"}, "SESSION_ID": "58d199285814e4cf644d0d84e8", "SET": {"error": {"firewall name WAN_IN rule 3001 application category Peer-to-peer-networks": "Warning: DPI must be enabled for application matching\n\n<EF><BF><BF>1\nInvalid category [Peer-to-peer-networks]\n\n<EF><BF><BF>0\nValue validation failed\n", "firewall name WAN_IN rule 3002 application category Tunneling-and-proxy-services": "Warning: DPI must be enabled for application matching\n\n<EF><BF><BF>

Now, before the update these firewal rules did not exist but now there were a number of pre-defined rules based on my DPI restrictions that were not enabled.

I  was able ot resolve the issue by turning on deleting all the DPI restrictions and rebooting the USG.

This should be reproducable.

Turn on DPI

Create DPI restrictions group

Create DPI restrictions

Turn off DPI

Update to 5.9.29

@shagoy wrote:

Hello,
I am the only one to have the traffic in the dashboard "Switching Summary" inaccuracy?

And no dark theme even after a cache reset.

unifi-5.9.29.jpg

Where can I access this Summary page?

Timestamp wrong in new Traffic log IPS.

ips1.JPGips3.JPG

ips2.JPG

Should say 8:20 AM etc.

Or have i missed a setting...

Best regards 

Kudos: 2

In the "Dashboard" tab, close to "WiFi Metrics" you have a "+" to create a new dashboard Man Happy

Kudos: 4

Just a suggestion.  If IPS is disabled then it shouldnt show IPS dashboard on the left hand menu.  However there seems to be a lot bigger issues.. =[

2018-10-06 08_40_31-UniFi.png

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 2

Smooth upgrade to UCK 0.12 here.  Noticed that I have a wifi anomaly which says that one of my APs rejected a mac address.  Where would I look to find which mac address was blocked?

There is something wrong with 0.12.0 / 5.9.29 ...

24 hours later the cloud keys are still not back in the portal.

unknown device.jpg
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

image.png

For some reason, some devices aren't reporting an IP address in Client view, or in detail view.   They do work fine however.

I have three cameras in all, and the other one shows it's IP just fine.  The Diskstation at the bottom there is an aggregated port so I understand why that might not display (the other instance of it further up is fine).    

Anyone else seeing this?  It was happening with 5.9.26 as well.   It's 5 devices out of 42 (the rest are fine).

Emerging Member
Solutions: 2

@l0cut15 wrote:

6.) Finally changing to setting switches back to old UI and design language. No a problem but jarring.

You can actually change that in controller preferences (top right under the three dots). The "Dark Settings" applies to the settings section. Turning it off uses the new white theme.

5.9 Preferences.JPG

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10

[ Edited ]

I found out that the backup is no longer working on the update. The auto backup and the manual backup!

------

ok fixed it: rerun of sudo dpkg -i unifi_sysvinit_all.deb and the problem was solved

The Netherlands
Kudos: 5

Here I am trying to update my controller and getting frustrated why it's not getting a hit.  It's blog only for now haha.
Updated a cloud key went fine, but my big controller will wait a few days, till it goes live in the distro.  Looks good though.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

[ Edited ]

I tried the double Cloud Key and controller update from within my controller (v0.11.10 and v5.8.30) and it defaulted my cloud key and controller. I couldn't access it via my normal shortcut and eventually found it by the network discovery tool, all settings, usernames and passwords etc were gone.

Reconfigured the CK, restored backup into the controller and all ok, so far...

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

[ Edited ]

Hi,

ich aheve white text colour  on white background   in  the diolay of controller logs.

It is not readible.

The contras in the new GUI theme is very low. It makes it difficult to see everything well.

I prefer the option to enable the dark sheme in the Dashboard.

2018-10-08_14h04_39.png

Emerging Member
Solutions: 3

@masseymedia wrote:

Missing Site-to-Site VPN connection status.  New dashboard has VPN widget, but it just reports Client VPN.

I don''t see ANY VPN info, site-to-site or other.  Is that because I don't have a client VPN session active?  Or do I need to enable this "VPN widget"?

Thanks,

Mike

My topology:
1x USG-4-PRO
1x US-48-500W
3x US-8
3x UAP-AC-PRO
Kudos: 29

Upgraded my cloud controller with 37 sites, from 5.8.30 directly to 5.9.29, upgrade was smooth, everything came back, no issues with "disconnected" that I saw earlier in post. One major complaint, is the new dashboard is very hard to see. How to change theme colors? 

@UBNT-MikeD

I see the Topology still incorrectly displayed the connection like it was on 5.8.30. My wireless device shown connected directly to the USG. It was on and off without me doing anything, sometimes it display correctly under the AP, other times it shows under USG even under USW too.