Kudos: 1

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

I am running into an issue with a Smart TV from Phliips after the Upgrade.

Config is USG (Controller on PI) --> 16port unify switch -->fiber --> 8port unfi switch --> TV. 

All devices do have the latest Firmware.

After the Upgrade the Phillips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) and comes back after about 15 seconds. This is looping. I already changed LAN cable and port on the switch, behaviour is still the same.

any ideas?

Thanks

Philips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) - are you referring to the TV screen resetting? If so have you tried to reset the TV to factory defaults? I checked my Philips TV and no issues.

Got home and replied to Vince with the Ssh dump and config file of my system and "disconnected" but still functioning switch. Reset said switch and re-adopted. Upgraded firmware and all's working again. Lesson learned... even after release into the controller wait and read...
USG 4G Pro - CloudKey - 1x US 16-150W - 2x US 8-150W - 3x UAP Pro AC - 1x UAP Mesh Pro AC - UVC G3 Micro’s - UVC Micro’s - UVC G3 Dome - NVR 2TB - Synology DS1618+ - Fibaro HC2 - Nvidia Shield Pro - Plenty of Mac stuff - Brother laser MFP

Yes, TV screen gets black and lights back again. Independent if running TV broadcast or in it’s menu. Have done a full TV reset already and no other devices/USB attached.

If you disconnected from all devices - including the network - then it's a TV issue, not sure how you could associate with USG update. Could be a coincidence, maybe hit by a power spike?
Kudos: 9

Upgrade was smooth for me with no issues whatsoever. I'm really digging new Dashboard. The only two things I'm missing and I would love to get back are:

1. Cloudkey firmware version in the header of the portal (used to be there, now it's gone);

2. A way to get WAN uptime data (I can see WAN uptime in mobile console but can't find it anywhere in a browser portal).

[ Edited ]

1. Firmware version click on ... in upper right, ! About
2. WAN Uptime: Upper left - hoover over ISP Load

@gke565 wrote:

1. Firmware version click on ... in upper right, ! About
2. WAN Uptime: Upper left - hoover over ISP Load

1. Got it. Would still prefer it in the header though Man Happy

2. Nice catch. I was hovering over ISP Capacity and over ISP Load's chart (not the name). Thanks.

It also upsets me that there is still no throughoutput/latency historical data in Statistics even though multiple people suggested it.

You mean this latency data? ISP Load > view history?

UniFi Latency.JPG

[ Edited ]

Nice. I guess it's good that I mentioned it. Now I know where to find it Man Happy The only thing is... Am I reading this chart wrong or is the legend for down/up messed up? The way I see it the color should be purple for down and blue for up, not vice versa...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

If I am disconnected from LAN Network TV works. If I do connect other HDMI / USB Devices (without LAN TV works). When I plug in the LAN Cable problems start.

How I could associate with USG Update - very easy: TV was on, started Update on Controller, Update finished, TV screen blacked out after 35-40 seconds.

Another proof that it has something to do with the Controller Upgrade: removed the LAN connection from the controller (on PI) and plugged LAN into TV, testet smartTV for several minutes, no black screen. as soon as I connected the controller again it started again

-----
gke565Man Tonguehilips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) - are you referring to the TV screen resetting? If so have you tried to reset the TV to factory defaults? I checked my Philips TV and no issues.

gke565: Philips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) - are you referring to the TV screen resetting? If so have you tried to reset the TV to factory defaults? I checked my Philips TV and no issues.

JueSchw17:Yes, TV screen gets black and lights back again. Independent if running TV broadcast or in it’s menu. Have done a full TV reset already and no other devices/USB attached.

gke565: If you disconnected from all devices - including the network - then it's a TV issue, not sure how you could associate with USG update. Could be a coincidence, maybe hit by a power spike?

Ok, then that makes some sense, you never listed the LAN disconnect test previously. Any rules associated with the IP of the TV (possibly the IP of the TV changed after update to one that had a rule?).
Solutions: 2

Bug:

Controller logs aren't viewable unless you highlight them. It's just a white screen with white text.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

Just had another AP drop off the controller as “disconnectedl, a restart of the switch port got it going again like last time.

As already mentioned by @outofmyelement TCP 8883 needs to be allowed for outgoing communication for continueous cloud integration. This includes the functionality of the (iOS)-App.

@UBNT-MikeD: Please update the "Ports Used" support documentation.

Many thanks!

Upgrade seemed to go ok for me from 5.8.30 (I think). Have noticed a couple of things in the past week or so.

1) The topology view shows my 2 sonos speakers as directly connected to the USG (whereas they are actually wireless from the sonos bridge plugged into the switch). In 5.8 is used to show all 3 devices as being on the same switchport.

BlUCZk7

2) On the dashboard under the Wifi metrics, the wifi clients graph only ever shows the newest 5-6 bars, and never any data older than that interval

EB9aLFQ

3) The speedtest widget is showing throughput >150M, when I only have a 50M connection (The detailed historical view seems to show the data with a more realistic scale)

aEPf06v

Cheer

Sam

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14139
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@gruffi1904 wrote:

As already mentioned by @outofmyelement TCP 8883 needs to be allowed for outgoing communication for continueous cloud integration. This includes the functionality of the (iOS)-App.

@UBNT-MikeD: Please update the "Ports Used" support documentation.

Many thanks!

It's already there. I believe it was added on Wednesday. That said, do we need to improve the layout and/or visibility? I'm guessing yes, but please do let me know your thoughts either way. Thanks!

Cheers,

Mike

2018-10-13 21_25_53-UniFi - Ports Used – Ubiquiti Networks Support and Help Center.png
Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 2

Me I still wanting a notification when the IP address of the WAN changes. Shouldn't be hard to do so not sure why it isn't there.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 1

@JueSchw17

I reported that issue a week ago over there in the corresponding 5.9.29 thread of the Unifi Wireless forum. Then Olivier67 reported the same issue.

I have an 55PFL6007K/12 and Olivier67 has a 55PFL8007K/12.

What is your exact model?

Same a you 55PFL6007K/12