10-12-2018 02:26 AM
I am running into an issue with a Smart TV from Phliips after the Upgrade.
Config is USG (Controller on PI) --> 16port unify switch -->fiber --> 8port unfi switch --> TV.
All devices do have the latest Firmware.
After the Upgrade the Phillips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) and comes back after about 15 seconds. This is looping. I already changed LAN cable and port on the switch, behaviour is still the same.
10-12-2018 06:55 AM
10-12-2018 07:02 AM
10-12-2018 07:16 AM
Yes, TV screen gets black and lights back again. Independent if running TV broadcast or in it’s menu. Have done a full TV reset already and no other devices/USB attached.
10-12-2018 07:25 AM
10-12-2018 09:19 AM
Upgrade was smooth for me with no issues whatsoever. I'm really digging new Dashboard. The only two things I'm missing and I would love to get back are:
1. Cloudkey firmware version in the header of the portal (used to be there, now it's gone);
2. A way to get WAN uptime data (I can see WAN uptime in mobile console but can't find it anywhere in a browser portal).
10-12-2018 09:46 AM
1. Firmware version click on ... in upper right, ! About
2. WAN Uptime: Upper left - hoover over ISP Load
1. Got it. Would still prefer it in the header though
2. Nice catch. I was hovering over ISP Capacity and over ISP Load's chart (not the name). Thanks.
It also upsets me that there is still no throughoutput/latency historical data in Statistics even though multiple people suggested it.
10-12-2018 10:08 AM - edited 10-12-2018 10:09 AM
Nice. I guess it's good that I mentioned it. Now I know where to find it The only thing is... Am I reading this chart wrong or is the legend for down/up messed up? The way I see it the color should be purple for down and blue for up, not vice versa...
10-12-2018 11:05 AM
How I could associate with USG Update - very easy: TV was on, started Update on Controller, Update finished, TV screen blacked out after 35-40 seconds.
Another proof that it has something to do with the Controller Upgrade: removed the LAN connection from the controller (on PI) and plugged LAN into TV, testet smartTV for several minutes, no black screen. as soon as I connected the controller again it started again
gke565hilips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) - are you referring to the TV screen resetting? If so have you tried to reset the TV to factory defaults? I checked my Philips TV and no issues.
gke565: Philips TV starts periodically doing a screen reset (every 35-40 seconds) - are you referring to the TV screen resetting? If so have you tried to reset the TV to factory defaults? I checked my Philips TV and no issues.
JueSchw17:Yes, TV screen gets black and lights back again. Independent if running TV broadcast or in it’s menu. Have done a full TV reset already and no other devices/USB attached.
gke565: If you disconnected from all devices - including the network - then it's a TV issue, not sure how you could associate with USG update. Could be a coincidence, maybe hit by a power spike?
10-12-2018 02:23 PM
10-13-2018 12:50 PM
10-13-2018 06:10 PM
Upgrade seemed to go ok for me from 5.8.30 (I think). Have noticed a couple of things in the past week or so.
1) The topology view shows my 2 sonos speakers as directly connected to the USG (whereas they are actually wireless from the sonos bridge plugged into the switch). In 5.8 is used to show all 3 devices as being on the same switchport.
2) On the dashboard under the Wifi metrics, the wifi clients graph only ever shows the newest 5-6 bars, and never any data older than that interval
3) The speedtest widget is showing throughput >150M, when I only have a 50M connection (The detailed historical view seems to show the data with a more realistic scale)
10-13-2018 06:28 PM
As already mentioned by @outofmyelement TCP 8883 needs to be allowed for outgoing communication for continueous cloud integration. This includes the functionality of the (iOS)-App.
It's already there. I believe it was added on Wednesday. That said, do we need to improve the layout and/or visibility? I'm guessing yes, but please do let me know your thoughts either way. Thanks!
10-14-2018 12:02 AM