Kudos: 48
Solutions: 13

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

+1 on the notification when the WAN IP address changes.

@UBNT-MikeD: The Ports Used table includes all ports, except 8883. This is just mentioned in the Cloud Access section below. If you just take a quick look at the site you will miss it - as I did.

Happy Sunday!

Kudos: 2

@JueSchw17

@

Please see my latest post about this issue here.

I looked at the Wireshark traces but so far I cannot determine excatly what frame causes the reboot. It's most likely linked to a Broadcast or Multicast frame.

Established Member
Kudos: 313
Solutions: 38

[ Edited ]

No VPN networks were found.

Nice.  So can't monitor the status of site-to-site vpn connections from the new dashboard........

wtf...sigh.

Any way to show VPN up/down on the main "Everything is good" part??

u.PNGu1.PNG

110+ sites / 100+ routers / 200+ switches / 300+ aps
UniFi / EdgeMAX / AirMAX / AirFiber

I think ISP refers to Internet Service Provider and not to Intrusion Prevention System.

@Pyrotech1620 wrote:

Just a suggestion.  If IPS is disabled then it shouldnt show IPS dashboard on the left hand menu.  However there seems to be a lot bigger issues.. =[

2018-10-06 08_40_31-UniFi.png

Established Member

If there's a gateway configured in the site, the dashboard should show it as being down in red instead of N/A like it just doesn't exist.  The same way APs and Switches are shown as down...

u.PNG

Kudos: 1

@cataphractster - ISP and IPS are two different things.

@gke565 wrote:
@cataphractster- ISP and IPS are two different things.

That I know, but I got confused as to what he was referring to. I didn't notice the highlighted icon.

As regards the issue of ISP Load in the dashboard (which I thought he was referring to) mine yesterday showed "Excellent", today it shows "Poor" while nothing has changed. I do not have IPS enabled in the settings. Any idea why this happens?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14203
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@gruffi1904 wrote:

@UBNT-MikeD: The Ports Used table includes all ports, except 8883. This is just mentioned in the Cloud Access section below. If you just take a quick look at the site you will miss it - as I did.

Happy Sunday!

So that table is for listen/ingress traffic only, not egress traffic. Hence why they aren't listed together. Anyway, that confirms my suspicion. I'll get that updated later today to remove doubt. 

Cheers,

Mike

Established Member

Are dashboards created only for the specific user who created them?

I have a few dashboards I would like all admins to have access to view, but they are not in their dropdown list.

Kudos: 7
Solutions: 1

@gruffi1904 wrote:

Happy Sunday!

I was having cloud connection issues after upgrading, and I didn't have any rules blocking port traffic outbound. Turns out, something changed with the new controller cloud communication and how Norton ConnectSafe classified the traffic and wouldn't allow the cloud key to resolve UniFi cloud resources. Also turns out Norton ConnectSafe is dead in a month, so after changing DNS to Google DNS, cloud access is restored. Hopefully, this might help others facing cloud access issues.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14203
Solutions: 594
Contributions: 20

@VWT-Dan wrote:

I have a few dashboards I would like all admins to have access to view, but they are not in their dropdown list.

Yes, they are. I'm not sure if we already have plans to change this, but I'll bring it up for discussion. 

Cheers,

Mike

Established Member

@UBNT-MikeD wrote:

@VWT-Dan wrote:

Yes, they are. I'm not sure if we already have plans to change this, but I'll bring it up for discussion. 

Cheers,

Mike

Yes, PLEASE. I have techs that need access to dashboards that I make. Thanks!

Kudos: 46
Solutions: 7

@VWT-Dan I belive you can select the "Edit Widgets" on the right side of the dashboard, then select Export. It should download a a json file, that when your logged into another user should be able to Import. It would require your other admins interactions but should setup the dashboards the same in the mean time. Test First.
Don't forget to hit the Thumbs Up or Solution button.
Established Member

@bsharpe wrote:
@VWT-DanI belive you can select the "Edit Widgets" on the right side of the dashboard, then select Export. It should download a a json file, that when your logged into another user should be able to Import. It would require your other admins interactions but should setup the dashboards the same in the mean time. Test First.

that's a lot to go through for many admins.  really should just make a dashboard option to make that a 'public' dashboard available to anyone listed in 'admins'

Kudos: 89
Solutions: 2

I know it's not "recommended", but is it reasonably safe to downgrade USG3 to FW v4.4.22 while keeping SDN at v5.9.29?

The current USG FW v4.4.29 is proving unstable in my test network, as was v4.4.28.

Kudos: 143

I did a downgrade without any issues. I also downgraded my cloudkey without any issues. I was stuck with my USG in a provion loop. After downgrade no issues at all.
Kudos: 89
Solutions: 2

@rhamburg wrote:
I did a downgrade without any issues. I also downgraded my cloudkey without any issues. I was stuck with my USG in a provion loop. After downgrade no issues at all.

@rhamburg  Thanks for that feedback.  I was looking at moving to the latest USG v4.4.31dev, but that one admittedly reintroduces issues that were in v4.4.28.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is controller or cloud key issue but mine droppd off the network completely yesterday. Normal network traffic appeared to be ok however port forwarding seemed to have stopped working - I couldn’t access my NAS remotely.

I tried to access the controller via internal IP and couldn’t, nor the cloud key nor could I ping it. Had to unplug it in the end and it all came back after reconnecting it. There was a message in the event log when it came back up that the USG and 1 of 4 AP’s had been readopted, not sure if that was cause or effect or of no concern at all.

Established Member

dashboard 'public' request: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/5-9-x-dashboards-public-available-to-all-admins...