Kudos: 10
Solutions: 1

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

Dashboard widget Switching Summary shows no Traffic.  I have 1 switch and I am using almost all ports but I have never seen this status for Traffic more than 0%.  This machine I am browsing the forum on is using a wired connection through the switch so I know there is traffic.  Is this a bug? 

switching.JPG
Kudos: 1

@tording99z28

Mine shows traffic, is your switch up to the latest firmware?

UBNT Switch.JPG

@cataphractster ISP Load Poor: If you click on it and look at history is your utilization high or do you have high latency?

All good now. It seems to have sorted itself out, thanks.

@gke565 wrote:

@cataphractster ISP Load Poor: If you click on it and look at history is your utilization high or do you have high latency?

ISP Load.JPG

Yep it sure is.   3.9.54.9373.   The only thing I don't have is a USG, I use an ER-X instead for my router.   Is a USG required to show the switching traffic?  

really top the new interface and also the USG XG 8! 13 days of uptime without problem

Kudos: 685
Solutions: 7

I have set up the controller to use a separate network on LAN2. Everything works fine after leaving VLAN blank (would like to set it though) and clients are connecting properly. I do get some stats under DPI and if I view history for a client but activity on clients page shows nothing. The bar is grey and up and down columns just says - . All other networks lists their activity fine.

Is this by design, a bug or am I missing out on something?

Thanks!

Established Member
Kudos: 309
Solutions: 37

u.PNG

100+ sites / 90+ routers / 200+ switches / 250+ aps
UniFi / EdgeMAX / AirMAX / AirFiber

[ Edited ]

@tording99z28 Not sure if the USG is required, I recently added it and the switch to my network. In the past I used a Edge PoE5 and it really limited the amount of data shown (had to go to the router to get stats separately). Is your switch a UniFi or Edgeswitch?

Established Member
Kudos: 309
Solutions: 37

[ Edited ]

It appears that "Switching Summary" requires a USG.

On my sites that do not have a USG, "switching summary" always shows 0 bps of traffic.

Those sites with a USG, shows "correct" traffic.

So, it seems the "traffic" metric in "switching summary" is not showing actual switched traffic, but more "USG router LAN interface" traffic

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

100+ sites / 90+ routers / 200+ switches / 250+ aps
UniFi / EdgeMAX / AirMAX / AirFiber
Kudos: 8

After I upgraded to 5.9.29 week ago my Controller (Unifi Cloud Key) says that my AC-PRO is disconnected or provisioning and I can also see often PROVISIONING at my USG. I also dont see all my LAN network clients in the Controller or they disappear time by time (few times a day) - strange behaviour. It started with the 5.9.29 upgrade. Of course I rebooted everything many times .. Looking for fixed release in the future. Anyway I like Unifi and its great at all.

Yes this is what I was thinking too because I am seeing the same thing.  The odd part though is that it shows the port utilization and clients online correctly, just not the traffic.  

My switch is a unifi switch. 

Kudos: 2

With all the emphasis being placed on IPS (new IPS dashboard, multiple filter categories etc.) where is the new more powerful USG that can handle it without throttling bandwidth?

We have several clients interested in IPS but if they are paying for internet speeds > 250, even with a noisy USG Pro they can't have IPS and their full bandwidth.

Would be great to have a new more powerful, fanless USG that could do IPS+DPI on a gig connection.

[ Edited ]

@VWT-Dan wrote:

It appears that "Switching Summary" requires a USG.

On my sites that do not have a USG, "switching summary" always shows 0 bps of traffic.

Those sites with a USG, shows "correct" traffic.

So, it seems the "traffic" metric in "switching summary" is not showing actual switched traffic, but more "USG router LAN interface" traffic

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Not sure what the story is, but on my site (which is all Unifi hardware) I don't have the switch summary widget showing at all. It doesn't seem to be available to add to a dashboard.

Kudos: 88
Solutions: 2

@ryanb_md wrote:

With all the emphasis being placed on IPS (new IPS dashboard, multiple filter categories etc.) where is the new more powerful USG that can handle it without throttling bandwidth?

We have several clients interested in IPS but if they are paying for internet speeds > 250, even with a noisy USG Pro they can't have IPS and their full bandwidth.

Would be great to have a new more powerful, fanless USG that could do IPS+DPI on a gig connection.

I agree with the concern here, and take it a step further.  The current software seems to be killing the performance of existing hardware that it's pushed to, even where IPS and other advanced features are already disabled.

It's important that hardware remain viable for at least 3 years from time of purchase, even longer when keeping just the original feature set level.

@ryanb_md wrote:

The unifi XG will do full 1gb of IPS  and DPS

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 3

I am no longer receiving any USG "WAN Failover" events or alerts starting in 5.9.29. Is this a known issue?

Kudos: 88
Solutions: 2

@wavesound wrote:

I am no longer receiving any USG "WAN Failover" events or alerts starting in 5.9.29. Is this a known issue?

@wavesound  Yes and no.  I have seen other reports of this.

In my experience, the USG is unstable in a variety of ways on FW 4.4.28 and 4.4.29, and yes it has impacted WAN failover notifications.  So this is probably not specific to SDN 5.9.29, but just to the USG firmware.  And notifications are still "beta" anyway...

My current test-bed SDN is 5.9.29 and USG is 4.4.29, now working much better since disabling periodic speed tests.  I have DPI and hardware offload enabled, but other CPU-intensive tasks inlcuding IPS/IDS, Geo-filtering, and Smart Queues are disabled.  Failover notifications are currently working, delivered as "WAN Transition" events.

Kudos: 21

This worked for 3-4 days and now my cloudkey is offline at one location. I can login to it locally but not the controller. Attempts at restoring from backups "Checking backup file and restoring..." and never gets past that.

This has happened on several different controller versions so I can't say 100% it's this but I updated to all current stable firmwares before applying it.

CloudKey (2): 0.12.0 / Controller: 5.9.29
USG-Pro-4 (2): 4.4.29
US-48-500 (3): 3.9.54
UAP-AC-Pro (50): 3.9.54.9373
UAP-AC-IW (2): 3.9.54.9373