Kudos: 2

Re: UniFi SDN Controller 5.9.29 Stable has been released

[ Edited ]

So, got home finally, to see what state my Cloud-Key was in, hard rebooted it again (of course), but even though the GUI comes up, and looks ok, I can no longer SSH to the device. What gives? I can still SSH into the other AP devices that this thing manages, but not to the Cloud-Key itself.

Is there a way to force it to restart SSHD from the GUI ??

Cheers,

-- Leif

munin (16:51) 273/0 $ telnet unifi 22
Trying 192.168.8.67...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.8.67: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Kudos: 8

My WAN (ISP Provider) went down and with the new dashboard it still says "Everything is Great"

No obvious feedback or indication there is a major problem. Only the "ISP Load" seemed off with a few hundred bps throughput.

Is this a bug or something I need to configure?  The old dashboard had big red dials that made this obvious when it happened.

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

In the ISP history view, the graphs seem to be swapped.

I started downloading a 27 GB update and noticed that, while speeds are reported correctly, the graph showing the downstream is colored as upstream and vice versa.

isp_mixed_up_graph.png

Same here.

Swapped.JPG

Kudos: 221

When oh when are we going to get virtual IPs to allow forwarding of multiple public IPs to LAN devices, that has been talked about for 2 years now?

@UBNT-MikeD

Kudos: 21

I think they are too busy trying to make basic functions work, don't confuse them anymore than they already are.
CloudKey (2): 0.12.0 / Controller: 5.9.29
USG-Pro-4 (2): 4.4.29
US-48-500 (3): 3.9.54
UAP-AC-Pro (50): 3.9.54.9373
UAP-AC-IW (2): 3.9.54.9373
Emerging Member
Kudos: 56
Solutions: 1

People need to relax and realize that the controller is free. For the same functionality elsewhere you'd be looking at Meraki by Cisco where the monthly fees are stupid expensive - hundreds of dollars per month with all the license fees.

I applaud Ubiquiti for keeping the controller free, allowing us to host it on-prem, and for being as active with development as they are. We take all of this for granted.

That said, it would be nice if they didn't put unfinished UI changes into "stable"/production releases.

Kudos: 6

Well probably if u just use unifi equipment for your home env, you could relax as much as you want, but if you mark your device for "enterprise" market, and deliver an unstable update / partially working, you can't relax.

I would like to pay an annually fee for support / faster controller fix but outside US you can't and even if i can mostly fix every issue from console and JSON files, there is no point to focus on unifi, since the selling point here it's the easy to use for our clients.

If i sell the unifi line to my costumers, i would expect that basic funcionality are working fine, and allow them to update the "stable "release without issue.

For the price point i would just stick to MicroTik, that even if require a much higher level of skill for setting up a working env, they are proven to be much more stable, i've some router and switch working good since the first day even after several firmware upgrade.

Just my 2 cents

Kudos: 21

"Free" after you buy their products to use it, and if you purchased a cloudkey you now have an unreliable device that randomly corrupts itself. Can I be given the option to pay extra and not have terrible updates and non-existent support?

CloudKey (2): 0.12.0 / Controller: 5.9.29
USG-Pro-4 (2): 4.4.29
US-48-500 (3): 3.9.54
UAP-AC-Pro (50): 3.9.54.9373
UAP-AC-IW (2): 3.9.54.9373

[ Edited ]

I've ended up turning off my cloud-key, and only start it up when I need to make a configuration change. Fwiw, I've tried to do a mongoDB repair several times, but no avail. I've complete reset the device, to no avail. The only thing that made it slightly more reliable is to unplug the microSD card (but, it still won't stay up for more than 12-24h).

Also, my APs (only 3 of them so far) are pretty unreliable as well asfter the firmware upgrades there. If they stay up over 24h, it's a miracle. I've got a 48-port managed switch to be installed, but right now, I don't dare doing it because I'm worried it's going to be insanely unstable as well.

Question: Does anyone know if there's a command to completely wipe the mongoDB? I'm willing to try that too. Or to wipe all state data / metrics, other than the actual configurations.

[ Edited ]
[2018-10-12 14:14:03,027] <launcher> ERROR db     - Got error while connecting to db...
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ubnt.service.OoOO.W.OÒ0000(Unknown Source)
        at com.ubnt.service.OoOO.W.afterPropertiesSet(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1758)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1695)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:573)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:495)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.lambda$doGetBean$0(AbstractBeanFactory.java:317)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:315)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:199)

Did anyone ever figure that one out? My 5.9.29 Cloud Key started behaving the same way after ~2 weeks.. Thanks.

Kudos: 3

[ Edited ]

Updated from 5.8.30 with a major issue on USG management, and had to revert to 5.8.30.

The issue is related to the WAN network.

My french ISP (Orange) has a WAN VLAN (832) with specific DHCP options.

WAN VLAN is defined in the controller GUI.

WAN VLAN DHCP options are defined in the config.gateway.json file.

This is perfectly working with the 5.8 branch (5.8.30).

But with the 5.9.29 controller, there is a bug with these settings and I am loosing the WAN.

The controller behavior is the following

• At first start, everything went smooth and no issue
  • After few minutes, the VLAN disappear from the GUI and the controller re-provision the USG (without the VLAN) and the WAN is down

Any modification of the VLAN via the GUI leads to the same behavior, first provision is good (VLAN), and then an automatic re-provisioning without the VLAN.

My topology is quite basic

• USG 3 - 4.4.29
  • 2 UniFi Switch 8 - 4.0.1
  • 3 APs (AP-AC-LR, AP-AC-In Wall x2) - 4.0.1

@ any help is welcomed, as I cannot upgrade my controller with this blocking issue.

Note: after reading lots of messages about IPTV, it seems linked to multiple VLAN on the WAN interface. to be confirmed. And no solution or workaround yet (except staying 5.8.x branch) as it is certainly linked to a 5.9.20 evolution (Take locally configured WAN VLAN ID into account when adopting USG).

[ Edited ]

I've installed a new 48 port switch with the new controller. The switch was adopted fine and the light stays blue on the switch but on the controller,  it disappears everyone couple of minutes and appear back making it very hard to configure and impossible to get reliable metrics.

The logs on the controller shows that the switch informs correctly which make me believe it's a web ui problem.

Edit: Seems to be related to my browser (Brave). I will investigate more.

Emerging Member

Hello,

I have sometime crash of the application with MacOs Mojave.

Domodial

[ Edited ]

@LaurentFR

thank you so much for your massage.
I'm thinking about the upgrade

Lucky i've find your post befor

Kudos: 3

I didn't hear anything from the UniFi guys about this blocking point. I expected some (good) news...

[ Edited ]

Sorry for so basic question but how you generate this graph? 

In Statistics section of controller I cant find it. Throughput I have only on main screen of dashboard - it is samll graph without possibility to change from i.e. 1 day to 7 days. 

Swapped.JPG

You hover over 1 and click on no 2

Capture.PNG

Oh... it is so easy...

I'm getting to old for this stuff

I'm quite new Unifi user (with many problems) but change from bubbles is even worse than learning how to use interface from the scratch :-) 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

So, a lot of people with a lot of problems and no news on an update to either the controller, or USG as yet?