UniFi Security Gateway outbound IP Filtering

Hello,

I'm considering replacing an old NetGear firewall I have with a UniFi Security Gateway.

I've been looking at the documentation and cannot find any reference to filtering outbound traffic. 

I would like to be able to do the following:

Filter outbound traffic by IP address on a schedule

Filter certain types of content - gambling, social media, etc....

Filter malicious sites

Can anyone confirm if this is possible with the normal or pro versions? If so is there some documentation that I can be pointed to?

Thanks.

Re: UniFi Security Gateway outbound IP Filtering

Nudge - can anyone answer this?

SuperUser
Kudos: 5839
Solutions: 385

Nope, it will be coming in later firmware/controller versions.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

Is there any timescale for this release?

Kudos: 20
Solutions: 2

I use opendns which covers the second two

Thanks but OpenDNS doesnt meet my requirements. Its an all or nothing at all type solution. 

I want to be able to block based on the device (by IP), by time of day and then filter the content based on a combination of these.

Something like adults are pretty much unrestricted although it would be good to block any known malicious sites. Kids would be blocked form all things overnight so they dont sit watching Youtube all night and kids would be blocked from certain adult type sites all the time.

Any IOT type devices (cameras, etc..) would be blocked by default, etc...

Plus it doesnt take much to circumvent OpenDNS, its really just making things harder to find and not actually blocking them.

Kudos: 20
Solutions: 2

Thats the truth. I think pfsense does what you want and has dns guarding, but not entirely sure about that.